Thread: Post your lighting rigs

Hybrid View

Post your lighting rigs

Fighting for Stripe's love.
    [Echoik] 5:05 pm: Stripe loves me too.
    [sol] 5:05 pm: he loves me more, lol
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: Eh. I don't think DJ loves you more
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: And I have 2 reasons
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: They're called boobs. ...
    [Kevin James] 5:09 pm: lol @ clueless echo ...

Lights On

Lights Off

Currently consists of an American DJ Vertigo Tri-LED, and a ADJ Micro Galaxian lazer. They really highlight each other in a venue. Setup is slowly expanding on my small budget Currently I mount them either under the speaker trees or on a tree I borrow from my school.

I'll get some shots up from my gig later this month, they'll hopefully show what these things can do
    Last edited by DJHoss; 02-05-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Pictures dont wanna stay..fixing
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Part of my lighting rig..

Ok, you're the one to answer my question: I'm looking for lighting ideas for my rig. I'm still a noob so let's get that out of the way. I have a 10ft truss, x2 Revo Raves, x1 Triple Flex, x1 Fusion FX Bar 3, 2 micro galaxians, x1 triball (useless), a couple useless chauvet moonflowers and foggers. I love the pic from your set up. I really like the idea of projecting light out and around the crowd and needing a light or two that can do it. In my uber limited experience it seems that the Raves and other REvo products are good at short range but not over a crowd.

I'd also like to be able to shift the type and style of lights as the music changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Revolution View Post
    Ok, you're the one to answer my question: I'm looking for lighting ideas for my rig. I'm still a noob so let's get that out of the way. I have a 10ft truss, x2 Revo Raves, x1 Triple Flex, x1 Fusion FX Bar 3, 2 micro galaxians, x1 triball (useless), a couple useless chauvet moonflowers and foggers. I love the pic from your set up. I really like the idea of projecting light out and around the crowd and needing a light or two that can do it. In my uber limited experience it seems that the Raves and other REvo products are good at short range but not over a crowd.
    Do you mean an effect light that can throw light a larger distance than the Revos? Then I'd suggest a couple of scanners or moving heads, much wider range. If your looking for just light to fill a room go with a couple of LED Slimpar (or equivalent) washes, it sounds like you have the effect lights covered but no wash aside from that Fusion FX.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Revolution View Post
    I'd also like to be able to shift the type and style of lights as the music changes.
    You can do this and way more through DMX. It's a lighting controller where you can control colors, motions, and turn on/off lights. Think of it like a DJ Mixer for lighting.

Colorstrip
    vertigo led
    mystic led
    galaxian
    hypnotic

4x Martin SCX500's
    "If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death" - Don Davis (SynAudCon)

Here's my qspot260s and x-laser mobilebeat RGB setup in the house for some programming. Check it out in HD for best viewing

Quote Originally Posted by disbjohn View Post
    Here's my qspot260s and x-laser mobilebeat RGB setup in the house for some programming. Check it out in HD for best viewing
    Looks good. I was very much thinking of purchasing a couple of these lasers. How do you like it disbjohn? Did you end up filing for a variance? I ended up purchasing 2 American DJ Liquid sky lasers because of the whole variance thing "and I'm not a big ADJ fan". But I do have to say the liquid skys are actually pretty decent for the money. That X-Laser Mobile Beat RGB looks awesome, there is just a lot of stuff to take into consideration when dealing with lasers. I still wonder if I should have went that route, once again, looks good!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
    Looks good. I was very much thinking of purchasing a couple of these lasers. How do you like it disbjohn? Did you end up filing for a variance? I ended up purchasing 2 American DJ Liquid sky lasers because of the whole variance thing "and I'm not a big ADJ fan". But I do have to say the liquid skys are actually pretty decent for the money. That X-Laser Mobile Beat RGB looks awesome, there is just a lot of stuff to take into consideration when dealing with lasers. I still wonder if I should have went that route, once again, looks good!

Adam
    Thanks Adam. I did file the variance. The kit that x-laser sells makes it really easy to file for the variance. Mine is submitted and am just waiting. i heard it may take awhile to get everything all said and done, but as long as you have filed you are ok. Since it is a high-powered laser, you do have to take more precautions such as minimum height above audience as well as properly marked warning signs of high-powered laser in use. All the information is included in the kit and on a disc when you buy the product.
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com