Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics 1210 - can't put enough weight on the tonearm

Quote Originally Posted by _rt_ View Post
    Awesome.
    I was hesitant to suggest that may be the problem, but once people started talking about replacing the tonearm, I figured I better throw it out there.
    over two years later and your 'dumb question' [far from it ] is still a massive help !

i like CC had bough my 1210 mkII off eBay and had exactly the same problem, freaking me totally out

a couple of days thinking then a couple of hours searching brings me to this thread, i didn't even see past the 'calibration is whacked' sentence at first , but i kept the page open and on reading it [less panicked] managed to actually notice your advice

next day [TODAY] get the deck out do as you said and BINGO i can put the 2.5 gms [my shure m447-h recommends as needle pressure] with room to spare

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help, like i said two years old and STILL TOTALLY RELEVANT [and HELPFUL] TODAY

BEST REGARDS

BG3
    Last edited by BenGee333; 09-09-2015 at 06:48 AM.

what weight are you talking about? I have the same problem on an sl1200 mk2.

Quote Originally Posted by zmoss18 View Post
    what weight are you talking about? I have the same problem on an sl1200 mk2.
    The auxiliary sub weight, the little screw-on extension on the back of the tonearm.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/163954238827
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    The auxiliary sub weight, the little screw-on extension on the back of the tonearm.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/163954238827
    I'm pretty sure it's not that weight he's talking about. The auxiliary weight should not be used with DJ cartridges.
    The weight to add would be the extra headshell weight that should be mounted between the headshell and the cartridge. It's often is missing when buying a used turntable:

With the newer m3d and upwards there's a screw on weight for the headshell: