Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st bar night

Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    However the benefit of this hard work is this: if you have a relatively empty bar and you can get your crew and their friends down there, then very quickly this place is likely to become 'your' place, where you and your friends go to hear the music they like and hang out with their buddies. Within a few events you have a happy bar owner who has a new clientèle and you are well on your way to creating a little scene that you and your friends/network can call your own. IMO from then on in promotional work and getting gigs actually begins to get slightly easier as you've made a name for yourself and seriously helped a bar owner to turn a profit and create a customer base which you can use when speaking to other owners/managers/promoters etc.
    This is exactly the bar. Its dead and 1 mile from my house. Looking to make this our local spot. Hoping to draw 50-100 ppl from friends and networking. This should make the owner very happy as his current Sat night situation is abysmal at best. Thx for your positive feedback.
    "It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice. "
    Mark Twain

I would add more colors on everything above 'ladies night' but thats just my opinion.

You have the right idea though, get the girls in the door and it grows from there.

why play top 40 if you've got a blank canvas to work with???