Thread: Furniture vs. Equipment Stands.

Furniture vs. Equipment Stands.

So…I'm working with this:

And I'm trying to incorporate Maschine into my DJ sets (which I used to do when I was on TPro). But there just isn't anywhere to put it. I've stacked up a bunch of stuff off to the side and put Maschine on it…and that kinda works.

So, what do you guys think…go to Ikea (or home depot) and build something like this:

Or just buy a couple stands (Crane, Stanton, etc.) that I could also take out if need be. The stand the laptop is on works, but it's weirdly sized…the mixer kind of hangs off the edge of the desk. It's not going to fall, but it's far from ideal.

I think the stands might actually be more expensive…plus I don't really know what to buy because I've never even considered one before.

I'd tend to favor portable/collapsible stands, because they're easier to move around, and less permanent should you decide to change your setup again. I've had a stanton uberstand for years and it's been working fine for me.

That Ikea sollution from djtechtools is nice but I just don't like how narrow the expidit shelving unit is. I set my tt's up battle style.

I re-arranged things and it kinda fits. Maschine in front of the laptop to the left of the mixer…decks overhanging the sides by about 1/4".

At least I don't have to worry about it any time soon.

I'm going to move this to the Equipment Mods section as that's where the Ikea thread is...
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid