Thread: Best Indoor/Outdoor setup?

Best Indoor/Outdoor setup?

I've been going through quite a few threads of late and there are so many options I just want to get a handle on what people are thinking as far as the best indoor setup that performs the best outside as well...

Price range, well we can determine that later.

I recently was asked to do a re-occurring set at the tailgate party for a college football team so it will mostly be outside but I'd also like to maximize the setup to take indoors as well.

Looking at these... http://electrovoice.com/product.php?id=249

or

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/...products/uom62 but would prefer a large sub.

Key thing is lots of bass and a great crisp sound outdoors.

Suggestions, Reviews, other threads?

Thanks DJF

Quote Originally Posted by ADub View Post
    I've been going through quite a few threads of late and there are so many options I just want to get a handle on what people are thinking as far as the best indoor setup that performs the best outside as well...

Price range, well we can determine that later.

I recently was asked to do a re-occurring set at the tailgate party for a college football team so it will mostly be outside but I'd also like to maximize the setup to take indoors as well.

Looking at these... http://electrovoice.com/product.php?id=249

or

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/...products/uom62 but would prefer a large sub.

Key thing is lots of bass and a great crisp sound outdoors.

Suggestions, Reviews, other threads?

Thanks DJF
    Neither of those will have any bass.
    What amp do you have?
    Budget?
    What size can you cope with?... Used 15" PA boxes from craigslist may be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.doom View Post
    Neither of those will have any bass.
    What amp do you have?
    Budget?
    What size can you cope with?... Used 15" PA boxes from craigslist may be your best bet.
    actually meant to mention that I will be looking for a fully setup: Amp, Speakers, Sub.

Since this is a start up gig, I'd say price range is <$2000.

Haven't hit up CL yet. but will.

I'm a novice, but with several weeks of research concluded is a single QSC k8 top and ksub, if not the best, was the "safest" purchase. The k8 may be slightly overpriced and ksub heavily overpriced, but no one has really criticized the sound quality of this combo. I sort of went it at assuming I was getting something from the higher price since my primary concern was sound quality, not volume. I think there is a slight bias on this board towards dollars per dBa of sound, at the cost of quality... but I'm also a novice.

k8's and ksubs have beefy covers for $30 to $50 each. I think they could withstand moderate rain, but have not tried.

Edit - The above may not apply if you are looking at passive speakers and are willing to have a mixer & amp. You can likely get more bang for your buck with passive speakers and an amp/mixer, but I really like the ease and speed of setup with my k8 and ksub.
    Last edited by butterlover; 07-17-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: My speakers/options are powered

If you don't require weatherproof take a look at this package.

ELX-118P - $ 799

ZLX-12P - $ 399.99 each

Total (at MAP pricing) - $ 1598.98

Great sounding system
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

I just picked up the EV ELX112p and EXL-118p for $1425 new. Love it.