Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Beginner buying his first digital DJ setup. Is this a good setup?

Quote Originally Posted by toka View Post
    What about lack of XLR connectors on the Traktor S2 to hook it up to the clubs PA. Do i need a RCA to XLR connector in that case?
    If you insist on using a controller at a club, you need RCA to hook into the club's mixer, or TRS to hook into the club's PA. TRS is the same balanced cable as XLR, it just has a different connector. You may need TRS to XLR adaptors. Ideally you would hook up to the club's mixer so you can monitor your mix since there is no Booth Out on the S2 (or S4)

Quote Originally Posted by toka View Post
    I have got a offer to buy a Traktor S4 from a friend who works in a DJ store. Not too much more money. Since the Traktor S2 is discontinued he advices me to get the S4 since it will last longer. Althou its a bit bigger in size and not as portable. What do you advice?
    Neither are discontinued as of yet. I suspect the S4 will be discontinued soon since it's so heavily discounted. And once again, portability doesn't matter. Everything you're looking at is highly portable.

Ok guys. i will order the Traktor S2 controller after all this weekend. I dont need more than the basics to start with and not too much buttons. If anyone have any last tips or suggestions bring it on but the S2 is what my budget will allow me now.