Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are these?

What are these?

Was searching some lights and came across this:

Anyone know what creates this grass/foliage appearance? Is it a specific light or a filter? I thought it looked pretty cool.

Also, I have seen the textured lighting for ceilings before but have just decided to offer it. What would I need to produce something like this:

Thanks!

Probably a gobo

You think on the first one?
    I figured that for the ceiling light but what gets that kind of spread?

The ceiling must be a different type of animal. I'm guessing hmmmm I remember there was some sort of water effect, it had a pretty wide diffusion. Maybe it's something like that. Or a number of gobos.

Or even a video projector perhaps?

You thinking of the Chauvet Abyss?
    It doesn't look crisp enough to be a projector. And I don't see any overlap that would signify multiple gobos. Somebody here will surely have a solid answer for this mystery!

The wall uplighting with the liquid effect are either Chauvet Abyss LED units or American DJ H20 LED units.

As for the textures, those are either gobos projected from a mover, or gobos projected from something like a Source 4 Leko.

The ceiling is using an ellipsoidal reflector spotlight like a Source 4 or Phoenix with a wide throw lens, probably 50 degree. Few movers if any offer more than a 25 degree beam spread.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    The wall uplighting with the liquid effect are either Chauvet Abyss LED units or American DJ H20 LED units.
    I wish I had video, my first impression was that it wasn't moving but if so you're probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    The ceiling is using an ellipsoidal reflector spotlight like a Source 4 or Phoenix with a wide throw lens, probably 50 degree. Few movers if any offer more than a 25 degree beam spread.
    I was hoping you would chime in Bill. Would a Source 4 Jr. do the job or would I need the larger version? Also, do you think that picture is just one or more spotlights? Thanks!

Not sure a Jr. would do it. A 575 or 750w Leko with a 50 degree lens can cover a lot of area. For example the Phoenix 50 will give you a 19' diameter at 20' of throw and the diameter will be 56' wide at 60' of throw. Now think about a large catering room with the leko in a corner angled at the ceiling. It is possible that the gobo will be around 19' wide when it first lands on the ceiling and perhaps 56' by the time it ends.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by .nacho. View Post
    I wish I had video, my first impression was that it wasn't moving but if so you're probably right!
    They can actually be set to static, so they don't need to move. It's a cool, if not expensive, effect as an uplight.