Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140

Thread: What DJ Mixer do you use?

  1. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by dvious141 View Post
    Old Skool...
    When I saw the picture I thought... "It's an antique." then I saw you said Old School. I think that's the 2-channel version of the Numark mixer I drolled over in the 1980s. (If that's a digital sampler in the bottom right corner, I know it's the mixer I wanted.)

    I couldn't afford one so I got the Gemini knock-off of the 4-channel version.
    Howie Hawkins for President 2020

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    When I saw the picture I thought... "It's an antique." then I saw you said Old School. I think that's the 2-channel version of the Numark mixer I drolled over in the 1980s. (If that's a digital sampler in the bottom right corner, I know it's the mixer I wanted.)

    I couldn't afford one so I got the Gemini knock-off of the 4-channel version.
    Numark didn't have a 2-channel mixer with a digital sampler in the 80s to mid 90s. The only mixers with samplers were the DM1775 (4 sec), DM1975 (8 sec), DM2075 (16sec), & DM2175 (16 sec) which are all 4-channel. Then after Numark was sold to MTX (mid 90s) which eventually went bankrupt and was sold again to a Taiwanese company, they began releasing new line of mixers with samplers (with longer recording capabilities 24 secs and up) too. But they never created a 2-channel mixer with a sampler.

    Our mobile group owned 2 units of the DM1775 (the other one was an "A" version) in 1990 to 94 and upgraded to DM1975. I luckily purchased a used but good working 1775A in 1995 but sold it in 1998 together with a pair of 1200s to use the money for funding my car audio at that time. Up to this day, I regret letting go of that mixer. It was a dream mixer during its time.
    Works1200 - the Technics 1200/1210 specialist - FB page
    Nicadraus' mixcloud page

  3. #133
    started using the sz2 as my mixer.

    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

  4. #134
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
    Numark didn't have a 2-channel mixer with a digital sampler in the 80s to mid 90s. The only mixers with samplers were the DM1775 (4 sec), DM1975 (8 sec), DM2075 (16sec), & DM2175 (16 sec) which are all 4-channel. Then after Numark was sold to MTX (mid 90s) which eventually went bankrupt and was sold again to a Taiwanese company, they began releasing new line of mixers with samplers (with longer recording capabilities 24 secs and up) too. But they never created a 2-channel mixer with a sampler.

    Our mobile group owned 2 units of the DM1775 (the other one was an "A" version) in 1990 to 94 and upgraded to DM1975. I luckily purchased a used but good working 1775A in 1995 but sold it in 1998 together with a pair of 1200s to use the money for funding my car audio at that time. Up to this day, I regret letting go of that mixer. It was a dream mixer during its time.
    Im fortunate to own (two) DM1975. The one pictured is a daily use. I have one that is nicely kept away for a complete "dream" setup.

  5. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    started using the sz2 as my mixer.

    Comb filtering galore there.

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
    I luckily purchased a used but good working 1775A in 1995 but sold it in 1998 together with a pair of 1200s to use the money for funding my car audio at that time. Up to this day, I regret letting go of that mixer. It was a dream mixer during its time.
    I'd disagree with you on that one, the Vestax PMC40 was a dream mixer back then in my opinion, I used to own one it was a great mixer.

  7. #137
    Perfect pitch Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    8,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
    I regret letting go of that mixer. It was a dream mixer during its time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    I'd disagree with you on that one, the Vestax PMC40 was a dream mixer back then in my opinion, I used to own one it was a great mixer.
    Well that's good because they're talking Numark. You know as in, not Vestax

  8. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    Comb filtering galore there.
    haha i know right. i bought the 2 consoles used. couldnt give up on a good offer u know what i mean haha
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

  9. #139
    Junior Member Heliotropic27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    52
    Beginner here just looking to mix at home and I picked up a Pioneer DJ DJMS3. Really loving it. I primarily mix regular old vinyl but I'm also loving the Serato software. It was a lot easier than I expected to just install, connect, and start mixing using the control vinyl.

  10. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by dvious141 View Post
    Im fortunate to own (two) DM1975. The one pictured is a daily use. I have one that is nicely kept away for a complete "dream" setup.
    That was the one I liked in the 1980s. I'm a Rane fan now. Specifically the TTM series.

    For 19" mixers, the Alpha Recording System Model 6700 is what I drool over now.
    https://www.musictech.net/guides/buy...ixers-for-djs/
    If you’re looking for the ultimate, this might just be it. As the flagship of the ARS range, the 6700 initially looks similar to a classic Bozak mixer, but closer inspection reveals that it’s a much more advanced affair. Other than ARS’s self-proclaimed “handmade Japanese precision engineering”, the real selling point here is the presence of dedicated three-band isolators on each channel, plus a five-band master EQ. The Model 6700 is like a Bozak on steroids, built to an insanely high standard and with unparalleled sound quality. It’s big, bold and beautiful… the only downside? That price tag. Ouch.

    Retails for $6,178/5,849.
    Howie Hawkins for President 2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a