Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Karaoke file format...

Quote Originally Posted by peterwo2e View Post
    not dodging my friend but i do not assume either, don't know the law and i'm not a music lawyer this is why i ask. you seem to be iritated on my last comment but if you are going to really help out here you must not assume base on price. give me a solid advice base on facts. and to answer the last question i just have the hard drive and receipt.
    We have given you the law, you have chosen not to listen. The law from karaoke companies requires you to have the original product. Meaning the CDG. or DVD, or in the case of Chartbuster the HD. YOu are allowed to make one copy for your use, that's it. That's it. But you must always retain ownership of the original material.

http://www.thekiaa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&It emid=78

More information can be found on this website. I don't know why it's not displaying correctly on my computer. Click on Site map on the bottom for more navigation options.

you seem to be iritated on my last comment but if you are going to really help out here you must not assume base on price. give me a solid advice base on facts.
    To address this. I'm very irritated by comments like this. And KJs who use stolen stuff. Because I have to compete with them. I've paid over $10,000 for my karaoke collection. It's legit. If a person didn't have those fees, how could I honestly charge the same amount. KJs themselves have ruined this service that we offer, by undercharging. This is why I don't perform weekly karaoke anymore. I can't do it for $100 per night like the guy who steals his music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    We have given you the law, you have chosen not to listen. The law from karaoke companies requires you to have the original product. Meaning the CDG. or DVD, or in the case of Chartbuster the HD. YOu are allowed to make one copy for your use, that's it. That's it. But you must always retain ownership of the original material.

http://www.thekiaa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&It emid=78

More information can be found on this website. I don't know why it's not displaying correctly on my computer. Click on Site map on the bottom for more navigation options.
    thanks. now the problem is i do i recover my money. i can't even get a hold of the guy. the business has change names and is under new owner. i iquire about the guy who sold me the hard drive and indeed he was the owner. but nobody seems to know where he is at!

thanks. now the problem is i do i recover my money. i can't even get a hold of the guy. the business has change names and is under new owner. i iquire about the guy who sold me the hard drive and indeed he was the owner. but nobody seems to know where he is at!
    My guess is your money is long gone. If I were you I would use what you have bought and replace it with a legit collection. As long as your intentions are to quickly move to a legal collection I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

OH FYI when you get certified by SC, or CB up to 10% of your collection can come from undocumented sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    To address this. I'm very irritated by comments like this. And KJs who use stolen stuff. Because I have to compete with them. I've paid over $10,000 for my karaoke collection. It's legit. If a person didn't have those fees, how could I honestly charge the same amount. KJs themselves have ruined this service that we offer, by undercharging. This is why I don't perform weekly karaoke anymore. I can't do it for $100 per night like the guy who steals his music.
    don't get irritated and take it as a lesson. i'm usually learning from foolish mistakes that others have made this time is me thats on the wrong end, i lost $250 bucks and you the one belly aching!