Thread: Break Collections

Break Collections

Wow, it's a ghost town in the breaks section!

I purchased a large selection of wax back in October from a local guy, which now makes up the bulk of my battle records. I will get a list and some pictures up later tonight.

Meanwhile, who else has some ballin' collections out there?

I wouldn't call it ballin, but I have between 500-600 breaks records. Mainly florida and stuff before 08. But it's all good, and I did the same, bought most of my stuff in big quantities from different people.

And I'm still on the look out for good deals and good records, I never stop my hunt!
    Battle Tally: Wins-1 Lost-0
    My setup- 2 Technics SL-1200's, 2 Numark TTX's, Rane TTM-61, Dicers, MBP , crates of vinyl
    www.soundcloud.com/rick_n

I have aroun 400-500 as well, most from pre 08 or so. i know a few people selling but they want to let go of around 5k at once, ugh....cant afford the price or space!

I've got a decent little collection of maybe 500, and almost all from late 90s, early 2000s. Mainly Florida stuff as well, since that's where I was. Icey, Baby Anne, Doc Roc (My hometown hero Florida breaks DJ!), Cirrus, Tony Faline, DJ Fixx, soo many great records. Then I've got a nice little Nu Skool section that is still pretty reliable for some great tracks still. A lot were so before their time and unknown. Always great to revisit them! Kinda switched genres for years and by the time I got back to it I'm just buying my tracks digitally now for EDM. Been working on converting a lot of my old vinyls over, just such a tedious process.

Im looking for some breaks labels I can mix with freestyle any suggestion

99% breaks...ranging from late 80's early 90's to about....a few months ago.
    2 x Technics 1200 M3D, Allen & Heath Xone:22, Akai LPD8, Audio 10, TSP2, Kontrol S4, Maschine, Macbook Pro MD314LL
    My Soundcoud | Battle Record:1 Win 1 Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Tré Tuna View Post
    I've got a decent little collection of maybe 500, and almost all from late 90s, early 2000s. Mainly Florida stuff as well, since that's where I was. Icey, Baby Anne, Doc Roc (My hometown hero Florida breaks DJ!), Cirrus, Tony Faline, DJ Fixx, soo many great records. Then I've got a nice little Nu Skool section that is still pretty reliable for some great tracks still. A lot were so before their time and unknown. Always great to revisit them! Kinda switched genres for years and by the time I got back to it I'm just buying my tracks digitally now for EDM. Been working on converting a lot of my old vinyls over, just such a tedious process.
    my friend has a collection from the 90s that i would kill for. he drops a track, and i just go back to memory lane....

im about to pick up 1000 records for 200 bucks in atlanta, oldskool breakbeat and jungle!
    2 x Technics 1200 M3D, Allen & Heath Xone:22, Akai LPD8, Audio 10, TSP2, Kontrol S4, Maschine, Macbook Pro MD314LL
    My Soundcoud | Battle Record:1 Win 1 Loss

hhhuwhat!? luuuucky!