View Poll Results: Funkyfader vs Blue Shoes - Melbourne Bounce Battle: Who should win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

1 20.00%
  • Mix 2

4 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funkyfader vs Blue Shoes - Melbourne Bounce Battle

Funkyfader vs Blue Shoes - Melbourne Bounce Battle

Mix 1

Mix 2

Rules:
    Mix must be 15 minutes long.
    No sync
    No post editing/mixing with a daw

So that is what Melbourne bounce sounds like. I can dig it.

Mix 1- Mixing and levels are clean and consistent so far (5:10 in.) Wasn't feeling the vocals at 5:30, but the drop made up for that. Your phrasing is on point. Track selection flows together and again, I wasn't feeling the rapping at the 11:58 mark. The last track was a good closer.

Mix 2- The somewhat long pause @ 2:11-2:24 threw me off. Again, just a personal preference, wasn't diggin any of the rapping for that part of the mix. Mixing is solid and your levels sound very good/punchy. I like the track at 9:36.

This was a great match up. I can't really comment on track selection other than what I didn't like, but for the most part, both had my neck bending. I think the mixing in 1 had a better flow. Mix 2 had a lot of predicable in and out points which had a repetitive flow for me. For that, my vote goes to Mix 1.
    | str8-150 | Z2 |
    youtube

So this is Melbourne Bounce huh? I'm diggin it aswell.

Mix 1 - Good tracks, like the intro. Mixing was good, didn't hear anything I could criticize on other than the abrupt ending. Good mix though.

Mix 2 - I really liked the intro and the tracks. Transitions were good, quick and simple A to B mixing. I liked the backspin at 13:50. Again, I don't have much or anything at all to criticize on although it did also end a bit abrupt. This was also a good mix.

Overall both were good mixes, I liked the tracks in both mixes and both were good technically. This is a real tough decision. Can I vote for both you?

Thanks for listening Hopefully we get a few more listens
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shoes View Post
    Thanks for listening Hopefully we get a few more listens
    aye,clean your pm box man.
    Y u no check out my music?
    http://soundcloud.com/djfunkyfader
    Battle score: 9-1

done
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.

Mix 1: Mixing is great, couldn't find anything bad to say. Well, maybe the ending was kinda abrupt. Great phrasing. Track selection: didn't like intro much. Krewella is bad, sorry. Didn't like that there was a lot of Avicii in the mix, I feel that it is way too poppy. Great blending on Superlove though. Rapping seemed out of place for me. Great mix from the technical side, didn't like some of the tune selection, but that's just me. I think they would appeal to kind of EDM crowd that likes Ultra's main stage.

Mix 2: Clean mixing, mostly just A to B, not very creative though. And there was an abrupt ending too. Track selection: Heard most of the tracks for the first time. Cool opening track, gives that bouncy feeling right from the beginning. That bouncy feeling is kept for the whole mix. This mix represents my idea of what Melbourne Bounce is.

Well, while I liked transitions in the first mix, I enjoyed listening to the second mix more. My vote goes to mix 2.

mix 1-When i heard the opening track i thought i had the mix pretty much summed up but it developed differently to what i expected.....Love the energy and overall feel of the mix, great beat. Confident and creative mixing, clean transitions.The mix does end abrupt but not a big issue really.

mix 2- I like the intro...its something different.....so its a good change as are the use of tracks. Love the beat and great energy, has a definite 'bounce' to it, the tracks are original all flow well into each other and the mixing is creative. Ends very similar to the first but not a prob for me.

Overall i enjoyed listening...the beat is interesting and funky. Both mixes are on a par technically and creatively so it was real difficult to pick one over the other. I decided to go for mix 2 because it represented the genre well.

Well done to both and good luck with the battle!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau

Mix 2 just prefer it no major reason just more energy

Wasn't a fan of the vocals in the intro of mix one, but the rest was pretty solid

I liked the heavier feel of mix 2, which is why I went with this one in the end.

No issues with the mixing in either mix. Overall good job to both battlers