Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Non-Technics Thread

Here are my non-Techs... Got a pair of ST-150's and I just picked up a T.120 the other day to round it out...

Last edited by DJblaze; 08-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    2x Stanton ST-150 & 4x Stanton T.120 || Traktor Z2 (Innofader PNP) || Pioneer DJM-T1 || Vestax PMC-05ProIV || Vestax VCI-400 (CF-X2 Fader) || Traktor A10/A6/F1/X1 || Lot's More...

I always preferred to deviate from industry standards in my DJ setups. Therefore, I have always avoided owning Technics SL1200 turntables and Pioneer CDJs.

With that said, I presently use a pair of Stanton ST-150 turntables in my DJ setup, and I love them a lot. In my opinion, they are solid turntables for Hip-Hop turntablist and House DJs that mostly mix, such as myself. I am hoping to build a spacious DJ booth in the future, and add a third Stanton ST-150 turntable.

In the mid 1980's through the mid 1990's, I used Numark TT-1400 turntables, which were very good alternatives to Technics SL1200 turntables. In fact, Numark, which was more known at the said time for professional DJ mixers, manufactured a solid line of professional DJ turntables, but they never seemed to gain traction in the DJ market.

In the early 2000's, I purchased a pair of Vestax PDX-2000 turntables. Overall, I thought they were amazing turntables that would perform well for DJing purposes. However, I was not DJing at the time and only used them for record playbacks and sampling, but I wanted a setup that would allow me to return to DJing in the near future. When I decided to delay returning to the DJ scene, the setup became overkill for my immediate needs, and I sold them within a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DJblaze View Post
    Here are my non-Techs... Got a pair of ST-150's and I just picked up a T.120 the other day to round it out...

Any chance of telling me your verdict on the T120 dude? I was thinking of snatching up one of them myself
    -- http://www.youtube.com/user/liamcol123 -- http://www.mixcloud.com/liamcol123 -- http://soundcloud.com/liamcol123 --

My plan is to cop some TTX within the next month mos def.

My GF is about to send me an old Sony PS-45 X

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    Any chance of telling me your verdict on the T120 dude? I was thinking of snatching up one of them myself
    I have two of them and love them very soild deck especially for the price!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    The T.120's are basically identical to the STR8-150's. They have the same exact tonearm, the same start/stop buttons, pitch fader, Motor, internals, etc... The Start-Stop adjustment knobs are just in a different location and they have the rounded edges look instead of the rectangular look. They are also Super-OEM Turntables. Very, Very good turntables. They are heavy and a scratch DJ's dream...
    2x Stanton ST-150 & 4x Stanton T.120 || Traktor Z2 (Innofader PNP) || Pioneer DJM-T1 || Vestax PMC-05ProIV || Vestax VCI-400 (CF-X2 Fader) || Traktor A10/A6/F1/X1 || Lot's More...

I picked up a pair of TTXs last week and love them, but I'm selling them and opting for Techs instead. Rather go with what I know from past experience.

I use the Stanton 120.c's and love them!!!

ive owned alot of turntables lol but have just picked up a pair of str8150s.....i think there the best turntable ive ever used...very heavy and rock solid,cant wait to start scratching on them
    Last edited by syks; 09-10-2012 at 03:31 AM.