Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Technics Thread

Even being a Technics owner I am appalled when I see stuff like this. These go for $500 brand new if you look hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanHadgis View Post
    Although I do want to end up owning some mk5's in the future, this is just comical and stupid to waste this much money ON ONE of these

Mk 5's??????

Why are we discussing Technics in a NON Technics thread? Back to the subject.

Really love my PDX 3000, just the one, and mainly for scratching but I also like to use it with instant doubles in SSL for mixing too, it works very nicely for me.

I agree with Mr Smashy on the rough platter though, totally undesirable so I sanded mine down and refinished with enamel paint to make it nice and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by antFastic View Post
    Why are we discussing Technics in a NON Technics thread?
    Well said, Ant. Keep it on track, fellas.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

Those Vestax's always intrigued me as I never had a chance to play on any of them. What's the purpose of the ultra pitch?
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    What's the purpose of the ultra pitch?
    You can mess with the record speed when scratching to add an extra dimension to the sound. You can also use this function via the MIDI input to give you a more accurate speed selection in the form of MIDI notes for use with, for example, a foot controller. This bit is interesting for me as there are many ways you could implement it, and I like to experiment.

Also can be used for mixing, where you may want to dramatically increase or decrease the speed of a track for sampling purposes and loop effects.
    Last edited by antFastic; 03-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Those Vestax's always intrigued me as I never had a chance to play on any of them. What's the purpose of the ultra pitch?
    Scratch record companies like ScratchScience makes records with an ultrapitch speed meaning that the samples are record at +20 and above percent so on an ultra pitch turntable, the platter spins very slowly while the sample sounds like a normal speed. A good reason for this is that you can use smaller record movements and fit longer samples on a skipless groove. Here's a good example of ultrapitch. Not how slow the platter spins.

i found my deck a sound barrier sb1210dj i mite grab it then i will have three
    Last edited by gjb1969; 03-27-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: i had a big time brain fart!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CirKutCision View Post
    Scratch record companies like ScratchScience makes records with an ultrapitch speed meaning that the samples are record at +20 and above percent so on an ultra pitch turntable, the platter spins very slowly while the sample sounds like a normal speed. A good reason for this is that you can use smaller record movements and fit longer samples on a skipless groove.
    Good info and nice video, yeah the TTX also has the +/- 50% range available so they have similar capability, except you need to set the pitch range to get access to it, which will then change the record speed in relation to the position of the main pitch fader. The separate fader that Vestax has given with the PDX allows you direct access to the 50% range so it can be used on the fly without this hurdle, that's the only real difference.

With the PDX, you could also use both faders to get up to 60%.

i used to have 1200's and when i moved to the UK i got a set of PDX-2000 mk1's and i love em but i just scooped a super ill deal on some TTX's for £160.00 They are built like tanks, which is nice as the PDX are so light So ill use the PDX for gigs (save my back) and the TTX's for home (cos the weigh 28lbs a piece!)