Thread: Stanton STR8-60

Question Stanton STR8-60

I recently acquired a pair of STR8-60 turntables and have a question about what I think is a digital coaxial output. I can't find a manual online, but I found one for the STR8-80, and it looks like they both have a digital out. Could I connect it to my MacBook Pro using an RCA/coaxial cable to this converter to a digital optical cable into my MBP?

Also, I currently have a pair of Gemini TT02. Which is the better turntable between the two? I much prefer the look & features of the Stanton.

Yes you should be able to route the audio this way without an issue.

As far as comparing the decks, personally i would not use a Stanton deck unless its anything regarding the 100 or above.

I believe a member on this board has those Geminis and he likes them
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

I am quite certain that the STR8-60 does not have a digital out.

If it does, I would avoid using the digital out anyway, unless you have no other option. Features like this are usually a cheap gimmick; the internal preamp and ADC are bound to be cheap and poor quality. On my old STR8-80s the sound quality of the Line out was pretty naff even compared to preamps in the mid-range Stanton mixer I was using at the time.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

It's labelled "Pitch Output" and it's a yellow RCA out. Digital coaxial outputs on A/V gear is often orange though. I'm wondering if I can use it to archive vinyl records. I won't be using that output to DJ - I have a Rane SL1 for that.

Was just curious about it since I can't find a manual, and to get your thoughts on the quality for a beginner DVS user, especially compared to the Gemini TT-02.