Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting DJs who use stolen music?

Reporting DJs who use stolen music?

I'm so sick and tired of low lifes who steal music and I have to compete with them. Has anyone thought of reporting them? I haven't yet. But i'm getting close. I ran into a DJ who doesn't work that often who told me he had 100,000 music videos... Yeah right, are there even that many music videos??? Any ways that's what i mean i have to compete with these people.

With Karaoke it's very prevalent in this market.

so he is going to do a better job of DJ'ing because he has more videos than he could possibly play in a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Well obviously not, but what i'm getting at is that it's hard to compete with someone when they charge less than i do... and steal music, so they have lower costs all around. The backdated collection was a large initial investment.

I find it hard to compete with college students with rich parents that give them the best of the best equipment and the guys will work for free, or beer money.
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

ok, I lied. I do a much better job, it isnt hard to compete with them. I also find it easy to compete with the stolen libraries. they never know how to use what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I also find it easy to compete with the stolen libraries. they never know how to use what they have.
    This. With enough experience under your belt, you realize you can rock the party with less than two hundred key songs.

Reporting those guys is like reporting any "artist" (example Nikki Minaj) that records their voice with the enormous help of AUTOTUNE.
    There's so many, its hard to keep track. Just remember these guys are fkin' CHEAP, their equipment is probably cheap-ass crap
    as well and they'll the kind of guys who would sell their mother for cigarettes.

Last edited by fatcatdj; 06-25-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

mo songs mo problem

I can have a rant about this one..i had an amazing record collection left for me by a good friend who died. I did a terrible thing and lent it to someone who was a DJ friend of a friend who i helped out at gigs .

He wanted to take a look at it and it they were all in perfect condition and prob worth thousands now. I trusted my friend to make sure it was returned to me and i never did get it back.

My own stupid fault for being naive and stupid at that time and too trusting but ive never spoken to the guy since.....and i should have reported it but never did.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau