Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need Celtic Folk dance music

I need Celtic Folk dance music

Like the traditional stuff. Melodeon, flutes, fiddle, etc. this stuff is ridic awesome.

love this kinda stuff .....mumford and sons do a folk rock though not celtic...but il look around for something because i enjoy listening. Maybe due to having irish grandparents i guess lol
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dharry View Post
    Cool ill check it out soon

Found out that 'The Bothy Band' is pretty much the exact sound I was looking for. Man I almost want to start playin the accordion right now :music;

Dolores Keane is a legend in Irish music but not many know her brother Sean is as also a legend in his own right. I bought his DVD The Irish Scattering and it's full of songs, stories and poetry. He has a very soothing quality in his voice which this video shows.

Dolores is without doubt the voice of Irish music and this is my favourite video of her. Not many see her so animated! This also shows a very young Sharon Shannon on the Accordian who is also very successful now.

Sweet Sixteen by The Furys is an old favourite of mine. It used to make me cry when I was young.

The Chieftains and Clannad are also worth checking out for their musicianship and use of traditional instruments. I love this kind of music and the atmosphere in Irish pubs when the live music is playing and the glasses are swaying is unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by thehadgi View Post
    Cool ill check it out soon

Found out that 'The Bothy Band' is pretty much the exact sound I was looking for. Man I almost want to start playin the accordion right now :music;

Go for it! lol
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by thehadgi View Post
    Omg and this. Holy crap this is so good

Dunno if there's any music that makes me as happy as listening to this

Jamie, ill have to check what you posted tmrw