Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Flare and the Thudrumble Break Up

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    How are you just getting on this... this is an olllllld ass thread. And that beef with Q and Flare is old news.

And I can't believe people would side with Flare. I get it, Thudrumble is successful. But it wasn't because of a few beats on a scratch record. Nor was Thudrumbles success because of DJ Flare.
    Hell, even trying to make money from scratch records is minimal. Q was right, Flare is 'hate' obsessed. Just like a lot of the internet. Hating on things they couldn't do for themselves. Hating on success.

The scratch game has grown but it will never be super mainstream. It's so niche and only a handful in the game are actually getting rich off of it. Thudrumble being on top because they've been at it for so long.
    I talked to other accomplished dj's about getting ripped of from him in 2003. To be honest I haven't really been keeping tabs on the forums until lately when I recently told my Friend about my situation regarding the butter rug. They told me to type in his name related to bad business deals, which I have done in the past, but perhaps have just waited until too late to do so. Even though this seems minor to you it has caused me major setbacks and depression and I've tried to stay away and not think about this issue for a long time. These were people I looked up to, were my idols and I was geeked out when they called me for a major contract with international distribution . I'm just happy they were exposed by another accomplished dj.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbitten View Post
    I talked to other accomplished dj's about getting ripped of from him in 2003. To be honest I haven't really been keeping tabs on the forums until lately when I recently told my Friend about my situation regarding the butter rug. They told me to type in his name related to bad business deals, which I have done in the past, but perhaps have just waited until too late to do so. Even though this seems minor to you it has caused me major setbacks and depression and I've tried to stay away and not think about this issue for a long time. These were people I looked up to, were my idols and I was geeked out when they called me for a major contract with international distribution . I'm just happy they were exposed by another accomplished dj.
    So you're saying you created the butter rug? Q and Yoga Frog stole the idea from you or did you set a deal with them and got screwed over? I'm lost here. That's huge if it's true.

But at the same time, other than Thudrumble capitalizing over their name, there are bunch of other slipmats on the market now. Thudrumble doesn't hold the scratch market as it once did. All these newer companies are caking over the same formula. They just don't need Thudrumble to push it anymore.

I feel for you, but I don't know the specifics of you losing out on the whole butter rug thing. Please explain. I'm not trying to troll you, I just want to know what the deal is.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    So you're saying you created the butter rug? Q and Yoga Frog stole the idea from you or did you set a deal with them and got screwed over? I'm lost here. That's huge if it's true.

But at the same time, other than Thudrumble capitalizing over their name, there are bunch of other slipmats on the market now. Thudrumble doesn't hold the scratch market as it once did. All these newer companies are caking over the same formula. They just don't need Thudrumble to push it anymore.

I feel for you, but I don't know the specifics of you losing out on the whole butter rug thing. Please explain. I'm not trying to troll you, I just want to know what the deal is.
    I don't know who you are Akswun but respect for giving
    me respect by saying I feel for me (first person yet), but yes to ALL of your questions;
    and sorry for the late reply.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

- Post edited, please refer to the rules regarding posting links on DjF -
    Last edited by Manu; 11-17-2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: FAQ#16 - 30 days / 30 posts + good standing

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbitten View Post
    I don't know who you are Akswun but respect for giving
    me respect by saying I feel for me (first person yet), but yes to ALL of your questions;
    and sorry for the late reply.

- Post edited, please refer to the rules regarding posting links on DjF -

Sabre-Knock knows and is watching. His musical group hates Hillary too!
    good soulful mix Akswun btw. I tried putting links but some dude, I blv, named Manu, took mine down-go Hillary! Wavetwisters: awesome... last one/set, waste of money and talent.

Indeed sir I did, we have specific rules put in place to deal with previous spam overload problems on DjForums. Those rules apply to everyone, I'm afraid you need to fulfill certain requirements before being allowed to post any music material of your own or others. Please read and acknowledge the following:

#16 - To post a mix or links to Soundcloud & Mixcloud accounts, you must have completed both of the following:
    a) Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum.
    b) Be a member in good standing for a minimum period of 30 days.
    Posting your mix in another forum section will be viewed as circumventing the rules, thus the post will be deleted and disciplinary action given.

Manu - Music moderator

[QUOTE=Manu;485181]Indeed sir I did, we have specific rules put in place to deal with previous spam overload problems on DjForums. Those rules apply to everyone, I'm afraid you need to fulfill certain requirements before being allowed to post any music material of your own or others. Please read and acknowledge the following:

Manu - Music moderator[/

Thank you Manu for defining that specific rule number to me (I should've looked it up or known better). Makes sense. Sorry for calling you out, your just doing what needs to be done to run a board smoothly.

Blessings🙏🏿

No worries, please feel free to carry on

Thanks bud

Doing the right thing

[QUOTE=Wellbitten;485174]Sabre-Knock knows and is watching. His musical group hates Hillary too!
    good soulful mix Akswun btw. I tried putting links but some dude, I blv, named Manu, took mine down-go Hillary! Wavetwisters: awesome... last one/set, waste of money and talent.

__________________________________________________ __________________________[/QUOTE

I want to make an apology. First of all I don't need to dis Q-Bert's musical direction, he still is of course a super talented person. Even though I was let down by his last release, I should just keep my mouth shut, because there are some really good ideas on there and who gives a fuck what I think, especially my comments on politics, pretty immature. I don't mean to attack thud rumble, qbert and yogafrog. I have been bitching about this for years and it's time to move on and grow up. I'm embarrassed and sorry for my actions. Sorry to the scratch community for my whining too. I'm not accusing any one of stealing, everything I agreed too was legally played out and I was conscious of what I signed...it was a stink ass deal, however. It was basically a business contract that I reluctantly signed. It stated that I was exclusive sole manufacturer for the first 1000 pairs (I was told that was just in case the slipmats didn't catch on/sell...so they wouldn't be locked into a contract with me...a trial run. I basically gave up the rights to everything just to get it out there because I was ultimately afraid I would lose the deal since something like this couldn't be fully patent protected. I was dealing with super artistically talented, business minded men and not prepared (no money for a lawyer, plus young and naive), incompetent (in the business area) and desperate to get it out there, having a name or not...I needed to get paid. Sorry again to the scratch community and sqratchattack.com for going with thud rumble and not signing with him. I pretty much jumped ship with him on the pre butter rug ' Scratchmatt ' deal and signed with thud rumble a week later...after they surprisingly contacted me with a potential much greater opportunity. I'm sorry for doing that to you, I hope you understood my situation concerning that major league temptation. R.I.P.

Thanks to this board for letting me express myself too. Peace.
    Last edited by Wellbitten; 01-29-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Mistake and additional note of forgotten respect