View Poll Results: DJ Difficult vs xs2man vs Rad vs DougMore - Deep/Tech House battle: Who should win?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

1 16.67%
  • Mix 2

1 16.67%
  • Mix 3

1 16.67%
  • Mix 4

3 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DJ Difficult vs xs2man vs Rad vs DougMore - Deep/Tech House VINYL battle

Wow, just wow, I did not even think I had a chance of winning this. I was mix 4.

Delta, thanks for listening and voting, you clearly know house music. Rep given.

I still think all three other mixes are technically better mixed (beat-matched) than mine, maybe that's partly because I know the tracks in my own mix very well, but still.

here is what I thought about the other mixes:

Mix 1: easily the most skillful mix I think. The music flows well, mixing is spot on, and you used the acapella nicely, even some scratching, right ? (please confirm) Downside was that I think the drug - acapella was over used, it was just a few times too many.

Mix 2: very nice intro, trancy mix, technically well done, I think I could hear some pitch bending a few times, but nothing distracting.

Mix 3: more varied than the other two, sometimes I do not like mixes to be more varied in style, but here it worked very well. Liked the classic piano sounds at around 3 min in and especially the dubby track around the 16 minute mark. The mixing (keeping the beats locked) was a little less than mix nr 1 and 2, but (again) still better than mine I think.

If I had voted on this it would probably have been for mix number one.

My tracklist was:
    Troglodytes - Julio Bashmore
    101 - Breach & Midland
    Relaxation Is A Skill (Club Mix) - catz n Dogz
    FLo Jam - Dusky
    Add Arp - Jay Shepheard, Catz N Dogz remix
    Though Motion - Midland
    Right Reason - Jay Shepheard
    Bassline Soldiers - Nice7
    Hiphouse - Kabale und Liebe & Lauhaus
    Last edited by Rad; 07-02-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks to all voters and rep to all!
    I was mix#3 and I only got that one ghost vote
    Congrats to Rad! Well done. I will comment other mixes later this day.

Well done guys. More votes on this than it was looking like getting at the start.

Congratz Rad. Great mix, and a deserved winner. At least every mix got a vote too (ghost vote or not, lol).

I was mix 2. Probably the worst mix, technically, of the lot. And no doubt the oldest track selection there too. I threw it down too quickly. I had just got back onshore, and didn't want to hold up proceedings any further than I already had. So didn't spend enough time trying to beatmatch, or re-do the mix, or even selecting tracks, just flicked through the collection on the fly, picking tracks I haven't listened to in 10+ years, lol. Surprised I even got a vote to be fair. Thanks.

As for track selection, yes, Mara One was one of the tracks. I was digging into some of my classic "off cd's" tracks, so most of them were on some cd release around 10-20 years ago, lol. I think Mara One was from '99?

Anyway, other mixes were great. Noticed the scratching too, well played sir. Surprised you didn't get more votes.

Will listen to them all again, and give a quick run down of my thoughts anyway. And rep everyone I can later...
    Last edited by xs2man; 07-02-2013 at 06:59 AM.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...
    Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: 22-06-2013

Well done Rad! So who was mix 2?
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau

Sorry, my mistake. Taking credit for work that wasn't mine.

I was mix 2. Edited my post above. Oops...
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...
    Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: 22-06-2013

Listened your mixes 2nd time and I don't got nothing new to give on this thread.
    #1 was most skilled mix with nice acapella / scratching. Although I too think that little less of that vocal sample and it would be perfect. But nice tunes, different then my and flawless mixing. Good job!
    #2 was a little bit on / off to me. Some tracks were definetly nice and older. But that's not a bad thing, hell no! Too many people just spins recent tracks and forget that there was music before last year too. Also there's shown how house music had developed in last decade.
    Most trancey mix endeed and few beatmatching mistakes but hey! It's from vinyl! There is supposed to little drifting! But like I said, I didn't like all those tracks.
    #4 Had best track selection for my taste. And although few transitions where pretty quick fade outs, it was good mixing! Deserved win! Biggest thing with vinyl for me is that real digging and that effort (and money) you have to but in before you got that perfect track on your platter. No digital digging can ever match that!

Thank you guys for this battle. It was very enjoyable! Rep for you all!

I was mix one. (I'll edit this post after work with opinions on everyone else's mix, and a track list)

But yeah, I literally spent hours and hours re-recording the set to tighten the beatmatching up. The one time I do great matching is also the one time I over use the vocal (got into the zone too much).

I can't wait for the next vinyl only battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Quote Originally Posted by DougMore View Post
    I was mix one. (I'll edit this post after work with opinions on everyone else's mix, and a track list)

But yeah, I literally spent hours and hours re-recording the set to tighten the beatmatching up. The one time I do great matching is also the one time I over use the vocal (got into the zone too much).

I can't wait for the next vinyl only battle
    impressive shit man, you definitely have wicked beatmatching skillz