Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mackie d-4 pro vs rane ttm 56s

Just stick it on a laptop cooler and it'll be fine.

Apparently you have to open the mixer up to adjust the fader curves, but that seems to be a huge hassle. While I prefer the sound on it to Xones or Pioneers, it's a lot harder to get that faceplate off.

Oh, and run the meters as specified in the manual. Keep them below 10. Otherwise the filters will distort the various gain staging in there when you turn the resonance up too high.

It's no a big hassle to take it apart. I've done it a few times to clean it up. You've just got to do it in the right order.

I don't think a lappy cooler will do much unless you drill some holes for airflow underneath. I'd be wary of doing that tho as the soundcard is bolted down to the base inside. There's plenty of room inside to fit a PC fan to blow some air over the soundcard tho. I've not had any bother with mine but the most common error I've heard is the soundcard crapping out, most likely due to the temp changes weakening the joints on the circuit board.

After a 20 hour stress test I found out this thing does not over-heat. Sure, it gets warm but nothing out of the ordinary. I am def. happy with my trade thus far. Will update if any issues arise.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    It's no a big hassle to take it apart. I've done it a few times to clean it up. You've just got to do it in the right order.

I don't think a lappy cooler will do much unless you drill some holes for airflow underneath. I'd be wary of doing that tho as the soundcard is bolted down to the base inside. There's plenty of room inside to fit a PC fan to blow some air over the soundcard tho. I've not had any bother with mine but the most common error I've heard is the soundcard crapping out, most likely due to the temp changes weakening the joints on the circuit board.
    If you can do a youtube vid showing how to get in there and adjust those curve pots, I'd be eternally (well, not quite eternally) grateful.

I think these up fader curves are linear and not logarithmic. Logarithmic would do something sooner. Quadratic, even more so.