Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 173

Thread: Why do you visit DJ Forums?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,134
    I'm actually not that negative mate. You just see me that way because we argue all the time because you have lost all moisture from your dick.

    And I'm not trying to turn people on mate. I have no one to impress here so I may as well be honest about things rather than sugar coat it. When i say Djs are shit, I mean people like you. Why do you think you have a tribe of Anti-Adrianers? Bunch of shit people rubbing each others backs for support because they KNOW something is missing in reality. Big deal. I really don't care if this place doesn't like what I do. They dont have to. I dont do it to impress them. I do it out of personal enjoyment. Which is why I can say what I say and not have to worry about turning people on. I'm not here to find followers. I don't need them. Believe it or not, people follow me based on what I do, not what I say. They only follow you when you are having cracks at me, because they relate more to you ... That is, who?
    Last edited by AdrianR; 06-16-2013 at 02:49 PM.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,122
    I wouldn't say it if you weren't. You'll never get anywhere with what you're doing, but you'll blame everyone but yourself.

  3. #113
    Member DJNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,646
    Back when I was starting up I came here to learn everything about DJing. Now I mostly come for gear reviews and opinion threads.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

  4. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Paradise, California
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
    Its funny. In the end, after all the shit I read on here, (Technical) I can honestly say I never learned anything new from here. Well maybe I have, but never anything that has benefited me technically as a DJ. Never anything that has made my game better. And I HAVE looked. I gotta disagree. When it comes to throwing knowledge around here I think we seem to be going in circles. But that's just me... Deep down I think the knowledge is fairly basic at best and whilst its great for newbies and 3 month controller Djs, it doesn't really extend past that.
    I agree. and I have learned a couple really important things about DJ'ing here, although I cant think of them at the moment.
    mostly I marvel at how little effort most newbies are willing to put into DJ'ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,134
    I dont blame anyone for my pathe mate, only people who have physically, directly, screwed me. And yes there have been many. Enough to see that Djs for the most part are fucking dick bags. I blame them for screwing me over. For not coming to gigs when they're meant to, for not pulling their weight, for sending demos that are good and saying "Oh I can do it in real life" then when you give them actual Dj equipment they fucking die and kill a gig. I blame them for THAT kind of shit. I blame them FOR THEM being shit. But my pathe is my own and no amount of shit fucking Djs will stand in the way of it dude. I've had ALOT of success. You see me talk about it as experience and reference when other guys need it. Is that negativity? To have ACTUALLY of had done shit in this scene? To have done it the hard way?

    I'm actually lucky mate. Lucky because I can say what I say and still have a strong enough base to stand on my own. Because here, on my own, the only person to blame is myself, so if I do shit, its ALL on me. That way there is only ONE solution.... Don't be shit.

  6. #116
    Member Jamie D Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    828
    The chilled out mods and forums that cover everything you can imagine about DJing. There is a lot of freedom here for people to have their say unlike a lot of forums that constantly lock threads.

    I've also got a lot of respect for DJs who have been doing it since the vinyl days and there are plenty of them around here.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I agree. and I have learned a couple really important things about DJ'ing here, although I cant think of them at the moment.
    mostly I marvel at how little effort most newbies are willing to put into DJ'ing.
    Thank you. Thats what I mean. It amazes me the lack of common sense. I love noobs, I dont want to disrespect them because we were all them once but I mean, finding one who I think will amount to anything is so rare now days. Its why I stopped hosting gigs. I was giving all these noobs a chance to gig out, I sourced them so strictly cos I only wanted the best and even the BEST of them man, they just couldn't hold their own. They just didnt understand the relationships that occure in music, but I mean, music has changed so much so maybe its a reflection of that also.

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR
    When i say Djs are shit, I mean people like you. Why do you think you have a tribe of Anti-Adrianers? Bunch of shit people rubbing each others backs for support because they KNOW something is missing in reality.
    There's a bunch of "anti-Adrianers" because there's a bunch of people here that think you're a fucking dick. Simple as that. You regularly say some incredibly stupid things, often contradicting yourself, so again - this is just you trying to deflect attention away from yourself. It's the fault of all these other people! It can't possibly be you attracting negative attention by posting dumb shit all the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR
    I'm not here to find followers. I don't need them.
    Good job really. But this is called "biting the hand that feeds you" and will only keep you where you're at now, which, let's face it, is nowhere.

  9. #119
    Member Jamie D Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
    I'm actually not that negative mate. You just see me that way because we argue all the time because you have lost all moisture from your dick.
    Not trying to stir anything but......


  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,122
    Regarding the "I don't need followers" thing - I think that just shows how deluded you are.

    There's 2 ways of getting followers - building up a fan base slowly and genuinely, or paying for them (which is dumb IMO) - but to say you don't need them is ridiculous. These are the people that will listen to your stuff, buy it, post it on other sites and social networks and what have you. When you say you don't need them, why don't you need them? Cos you don't care if people listen to your music? You wouldn't like to put out an EP and have a bunch of people buy it? You wouldn't like to see your music appearing on other websites?

    I don't put out music cos I'm no producer, but I've had DJF members post my mixes on their websites/personal blogs or share them on their Facebook pages or on Twitter and I really appreciate that, because at the end of the day, I put stuff out for other people to hear and it makes me happy when other people hear it and like it. If I was just making it for my own entertainment I wouldn't even post it. If I was to turn round and say "fuck you guys, you do nothing for me!", not only would I be lying, being arrogant, and pissing on some good online relationships - I'd be deliberately cutting down the potential for my own stuff to get heard by others and that is just dumb, dumb, AdrianR-level dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a