Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: John Askew Trolls Avicii so hard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dj daywalker View Post
    Well, saying someone on the practice squad sucks at basketball makes as about a much sense as the rest of your post, at least you have consistency going for you.

Please, keep going. You're making a mockery of yourself at this point.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

You are right. You and your fellow fanboys really schooled me with your unbiased opinions, true facts, and excellent reading comprehension. Such serious business. Good job.

You are right. You and your fellow fanboys really schooled me with your unbiased opinions, true facts, and excellent reading comprehension. Such serious business. Good job.
    I cant believe this thread is still going. Sigma hates Trance and he explained the situation very well coming from an unbiased opinion, if you still feel that Avicii has more talent than Askew I feel sorry for you, he's an untalented little fuck wit cashing in on idiots with little to no understanding of what Electronic music is about.

Look at Avicii's fan base and compare it to Askew's. Avicii's "sound" appeals to little 15 year old cheerleaders or first time festival goers that have little to no experience of Electronic music, I would hardly call them a good candidate for knowing what quality sounds like, on the flip side Askew has a very dark underground sound that is appreciated by mostly seasoned listners that have been into the scene for years and know what quality sounds like. I might come across as an elitist here but frankly I couldnt give a fuck, Im feed up reading and hearing bullshit arguments supporting these talentless assholes cashing in and making ridiculous amounts of money for doing fuck all, but its ok sure Im only just Jealous.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

You guys are reading WAY to much into this. So many rustled jimmies ITT

also so many words put into my mouth ITT

Banned
    Askew's post was attacking Avicii for 2 reasons: -

1. He planned to use crowd-sourcing to make some tracks, so he was getting fans to submit elements such as basslines etc. and he would produce tracks using them. On the face of it, that's not exactly a bad thing to do, except Avicii planned to use the most voted for elements for the tracks, so of course that would lead to him being mentioned all over Facebook, Twitter etc. as people try and get their friends to vote for them. You don't exactly have to be cynic of the year to see that it was a publicity stunt.

2. In an interview with GQ, he said that his sets are almost entirely pre-planned (including the transitions) - he isn't the only big name DJ that does that - but he also said that a DJ having the ability to read and play to a crowd "feels like something a lot of older DJs are saying to kind of desperately cling on staying relevant".

If I started a thread on here saying that all DJs should forget about crowd reading, and instead they should pre-plan their set in advance, including the transitions, as crowd reading is just for old guys who are stuck in the past, I would be shot to pieces of people saying I was talking utter bullshit - and rightly so. Being rich and famous doesn't turn bullshit into something else. It's still bullshit.

People need to stop with the "he's so successful, therefore he must be doing a lot right, so we can't say he's doing anything wrong" defences. I could say that about Paris Hilton who now claims to be one of the top 5 highest paid DJs out there, when all she does is come out and mime to a mix made by someone else. Anyone who disses Paris is just a jealous hater!

Anyway, to dj daywalker, if you are going to defend Avicii again, why not defend the 2 things I raised earlier in this post? Do you agree with his statement about crowd reading being a thing that old people are clinging to and that DJs should plan out everything in advance? Is that the advice we should be pushing to young DJs on here who are just getting started? Cos unless you actually agree with what Avicii has said, you shouldn't be defending him and you certainly shouldn't be defending him solely because he's rich and famous.

I fell asleep for a couple of hours and this forum has sprung to life, Sigma, Chris, Mitch.......

Respect to Sigma like Chris said, he doesn't even like trance and he's really taken care of business.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

Banned
    Trance is the one that gives you AIDS, right?

Reading back through the last few pages, dj daywalker claims that he isn't defending Avicii and his issue seems to be solely based around Askew "trolling" him and "sounding like a bitter 12 year old".

Personally, I wish more people like Askew would speak out about this stuff. I completely disagree with the source of it being "bitterness". I think it's pretty much the opposite of that. DJs like Askew and A-Trak spoke out about things Avicii said and did because they are passionate about the scenes they've involved in and because, let's face, telling your fans - many of whom will be wannabe DJs themselves - that reading a crowd is just for old people is a fucking lame thing to do. It's arrogant and ignorant and it's flat out bad advice to give to any up and coming or wannabe DJ.

You and your fellow fanboys really schooled me
    - (This is sarcasm from you here) No I don't believe anyone has because I don't think you even understand or care what anyone is trying to explain to you...

unbiased opinions, true facts,
    - (This is sarcasm from you here) - It's all been facts and no one is being biased, but again I don't think you quite get it, nor do you want to....

excellent reading comprehension
    - I'm sorry but these retarded basketball analogies are stupid and pointless, just stick to talking about music.

Such serious business.
    - My oath it is, the guys here give a shit about music and we're passionate about it.

The more I think about it, you really dig Avicii's shit and you're trolling this thread. You haven't said squat regarding Sigma's unbiased/non-trance comments which makes me believe you've got nothing....
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

There is a big difference between saying someone shouldn't be making a fool of themselves by childishly attacking someone, and defending the attacked.

If avicii did it to john askew it would still be foolish and unprofessional, and even embarrassing (though not as much unless it was somehow some fit of jealous rage). In both cases it is poor form, especially because of their careers and how how they are in the spotlight. Just because levles is/was so well liked and popular with the masses doesn't mean john should attack him for it. It is foolish and unprofessional.

I don't think Avicii should be planning his sets...I've only planned the first 3 tracks of my first gig and that's it. I've also advocated against doing it on this forum. But that doesn't mean I think people should be using their free time to write make believe stories attacking him. They will be taken much more seriously if they take a mature, or at least adolescent approach.

You guys have your opinion and John Askew has his opinion. Guess what, I also have my opinion and no amount of me telling just how underground john askew is, or how the much the uneducated masses like avicii will change that. This is the internet. Get over it.
    Last edited by dj daywalker; 12-30-2013 at 10:57 PM.

I apparently missed 25 pages of awesomeness.

Avicii writes boring trash music that is marketed to Top 40 US pop-music junkies who have had their tastes watered down by multi-million dollar music corporations. The songs are made entirely of preset patches and have no progression to them. They're forgettable five-minute arrangement of 12 shitty patterns. The only thing that makes these songs so popular is the hook. All the YOLOs in the crowd can chant along "DUN NUN NUN, DUN NUN NUN NUN NUN NUN NANA" for five minutes and then move on to the next garbage piece of music the DJ plays.

Sorry for raging so hard, but as someone who was raised on violin and orchestral music for the past 17 years I get the feeling that Beethoven and Mozart would roll in their fucking graves if they heard the swill that comes out of the American music industry.

John Askew rules. His music is pretty good, too. At least it has character.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?