Thread: designing a DJ storage unit for speakers, turn tables and other things you might need

designing a DJ storage unit for speakers, turn tables and other things you might need

hi all
    i am currently designing a DJ storage unit which can also become a performing hub. i am new to this industry and don't know what the average dj needs in a storage kit. any suggestions?

Everyone really uses different equipment and has different basic needs. I would say you'd generally want some sort of facade/table set-up that is transformable into space for 12/15" speakers, Two standard 16-20" media players and a mixer. Plus I'd include extra pocket space for wires and media and possibly a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    Plus I'd include extra pocket space for wires and media and possibly a laptop.
    Yea man, and if you are using for playing out, have something to keep your wires tidy, it will save time in the long run.

Can you make it all fold up so you can wheel it out to a van??

wait, that has been done already
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

thank you for the advice, i will keep in touch with you about the progress of the project