Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Girl DJ Ready to Learn!!!

New Girl DJ Ready to Learn!!!

Hii!! I'm Ashley and Living in Las Vegas. I know this is a really great place to be a DJ, and I have such a LOVE for music that I want to Practice my Ass off so I can be the best =)...I realized that there is very few girl DJs here in Las Vegas so I know it will be awesome! I honestly am sooo new to everything but am willing to learn, and I know this Forum will help me get there! I am definitely moving towards Electronic music so if you guys have any suggestions or pointers hit me up! Thx!

A new girl on the forum?

j/k

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to post up any questions you may have, just be sure to use the search feature on the top right before doing so. Most likely there's already a thread started with the question you have in mind.

I don't usually comment in this forum but I'll give you some advice:

1. Use the search function before posting a thread asking a question, chances are HIGH that it has been asked before and answered plenty of times
    2. Do NOT post up your first 20 mixes asking for critique on them, start off recording your mixes and listening to where your own errors are. Not trying to be rude, but it is difficult to listen to a new person's mix that is full of beatmatching and phrasing issues that the person could have pointed out themselves.
    3. Listen to people who mix well and listen to their mixes often, this will help you develop a better ear for what you are trying to learn to do, the longer you do this, the better your ears will get
    4. When you do get to the stage where you are soliciting our feedback, be ready for harsh critique. People on here are usually very helpful but I can promise you are not going to feel amazing about your mix after it has been critiqued. Use the criticism to become better, not to get angry.
    5. Read, read, and read some more
    6. Practice, practice, and practice for the rest of your life

Follow those tips, and you'll do well.

Welcome to DJF!
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Welcome to DJ Forums Ashley!! Nice to see another female on the forum!! We don't have many of you around here

Enjoy the Forum!
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Welcome to DJF!

Welcome to the forum!

Just kidding welcome to DJF
    "It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice. "
    Mark Twain

welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
    http://soundcloud.com/xtremesound/old-school-1
    In a mood for the 80's Lately!

Welcomee! What setup are you looking to start off on?