Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best way for moving bass bins ? how not to hurt your back ?

best way for moving bass bins ? how not to hurt your back ?

I did a gig last night where I had a lot of equipment to move. it was all fine except for the bass bin. (its an 18")

this thing is a b**ch to lift, that's the only way I can describe it. one of these days im going to put my back out.

what have you guys done to make this process easier? do you put wheels on them? ramps in your truck? hire a helper?

My bins have wheels on them, I have six of them.
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by drzinc View Post
    My bins have wheels on them, I have six of them.
    do you stand them on the wheels when in use? does that not affect the sound? did you put the wheels on them? or are they on the side of the speaker?

(edit: it just occurred to me, maybe I could put the wheels on the back of the speaker! )

two wheel dolly with fat tires. I use it to move most of my gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

My subs have wheels, trailer has a ramp door.

Do not have the subs on wheels when using them. If you wish to attach wheels, attach them to the BACK. Flip them over and wheel then out. Make sure when in use, they are flat on the floor. OR, use a 4 wheeled dolly platform and pull them up on it.

I bought a second pair of smaller subs (DXS15's) just because I believe there is no easy way to move my big subs (LS801P's). Even with wheels doorways and stairs are terrible the only true suggestion I have is a helper.

I have 4 DSX 15's and use two per gig in a single op configuration (each) We use a small 4 wheeled furniture dolly for them and simply slide the subs up on it. I'm getting older and don't find it an issue. Stairs are another story altogether....

Handtruck, helper and if is a location or venue I have never played at before I scope it out in advance of gig. I have two PRX 618xlf subs while not the heaviest can still be a pain going up and down stairs.
    " Mr. Nichols Just A Guy Who Plays Music"

Listen To Good Tunes..Play Good Tunes..Spin The Tunes They Wanna Hear