Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOBE house music jams?

Came across My Ceviche too...looks interestingly good!

The trip to SOBE felt like a dream...it came and went way too fast, which only meant I had a fantastic time down there! The weather in Montreal was a bit cold, so I was looking forward to some hot warm weather. I was a bit worried about the hurricane, but it affected more of the northern part of Miami than the southern part. I didn't do too many clubs, since binging and drinking made me feel sleepy afterwards. hah

I did manage to go to Space, in the downtown Miami area. I noticed they had three rooms. On the main floor they had the mainstream radio pop music, while the upper floors were split into two rooms for good beats! I don't even know who the DJs were, but I kept switching between rooms and bringing my drink along. The ******* were quite varied...you have some big, medium, and small in all sorts of flavours.

Smoking is allowed in there and fortunately, their ventilation system is pretty strong because my clothes didn't reek of cigarettes afterwards. It's definitely a bumpin' place with a long lineup. This place stays open until 2pm(!!!) and when we left at 5am, there was still a lineup outside! If you get table service, you can party till 4am, go back to the hotel and sleep a few hours, and go back to the club to party till they close. lol That place is a zoo, but I had a great time and met some fun people.

The second place I went to was Nikki beach on a Sunday night. Again, there was a lineup and got really packed by 2am. They had two separate lineups. One for guest list and another line for the 'normal folk'. The weird part was, the guest list lineup was 3 times as long as the normal lineup and we got in way before the guest list people. hah. Goes to show that guest lists aren't all that cracked up to be. The ladies there are dynamite and the dudes were like hungry sharks, swimming around their prey. lol Upstairs had the mainstream music and the lower level had some good beats, but later transitioned to a Tiesto style of beats. I stayed mostly outside, soaking up the nice weather and enjoying other people's conversations. A lot of nice people there, but there are also a few douchebags as well. Can't win'em all, but I had a great time.

A few notables are the food! Jeez, I had amazing meals every single night! Yardbird (1600 Lennox Ave), by far, was a winner. I ate there twice during my stay. lol Cafe Charlotte (1497 Washington Ave) was excellent as well. Their clams in a red broth was so good! Their steak was simple and good, without the $30+ price tag. Porto Sagua Restaurant (700 Collins Ave.) was amazing as well! Great Cuban dining with my favourite ox-tail with rice getting the nod here. So tender and full of flavour...Man, I wish I was back down there again this week!

To the people who live in SOBE, I envy you very much!
    Last edited by FrankTheRabbit; 06-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.