Thread: A middle school dance.. small light show-- big impact!

A middle school dance.. small light show-- big impact!

This was my first year working with Maitland Middle. At first, the students were reluctant to cut loose since the sun light was pouring in, but that quickly disappeared as their favorite music jammed through and the lighting overpowered the natural light which created an instant club atmosphere. Check out the pics and videos below!

http://www.arnoldooffermann.com/scho...school-dj.html

How do you get schools to allow you to use fog/haze? I have never been able to get them to trust me with haze not to set off alarms. The main problem is others that have done dances at the location before me have set of the alarms. I know you can get a fire marshal on site to disarm the detectors, but that is a big hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by tempjoe View Post
    How do you get schools to allow you to use fog/haze? I have never been able to get them to trust me with haze not to set off alarms. The main problem is others that have done dances at the location before me have set of the alarms. I know you can get a fire marshal on site to disarm the detectors, but that is a big hassle.

These schools don't have particle sensitive alarms- they have HEAT sensitive.

Do you just ask the front office about the alarm system, or do you have to call the Fire Department, etc, to verify what type (particle/heat) that specific school has?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbdo View Post
    Do you just ask the front office about the alarm system, or do you have to call the Fire Department, etc, to verify what type (particle/heat) that specific school has?
    Each school here has a facilities director. They already know the answers.