Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Armin's comments about Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Guys the unthinkable just happened.

My mother just sent me a text telling me how much she loves "Some track by a guy called Armin Van Buuren"

Turns out it was the track "This is what it feels like"

doesnotwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    you're welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Guys the unthinkable just happened.

My mother just sent me a text telling me how much she loves "Some track by a guy called Armin Van Buuren"

Turns out it was the track "This is what it feels like"

doesnotwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

This isn't anything new. People have been idolizing Armin Van Buuren as the messiah for a really long time.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Armin's barely produced or played a good track since about 2004, which was around when ASOT got really really boring and the Armada label became a veritable empire flooding the scene with mediocre, pleasant but soulless melodic trance. I don't see what the big deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHynds View Post
    I refuse to listen to this album, and I'm doing my best to try and stay away from the negativity and bashing that's been happening, I've done my fair share of bitching and moaning but it's not gonna change a single thing, we all know exactly why and what artists like AVB etc are doing, it is what it is, I think we should start focusing more on what's happening with the real Trance producers and forget about these money hungry sell outs.

I get just as frustrated as any other die hard out there but no matter how much shit we talk it ain't gonna change a thing. Start promoting and supporting the real Trance artists, they are the ones that need it most, Pulser's retirement speech is a prime example of this, he said it himself, the "real Trance sound" has no market anymore, America etc want to hear that pop shit, which is why we need to show the support to the few artist left that have stuck true to the game, and forget about the imitators.

End Rant
    You sir, must be afraid of 138

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    You sir, must be afraid of 138
    Afraid of 138 , bitch please, I wake up @ 140
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

Quote Originally Posted by disparate View Post
    Armin's barely produced or played a good track since about 2004, which was around when ASOT got really really boring and the Armada label became a veritable empire flooding the scene with mediocre, pleasant but soulless melodic trance. I don't see what the big deal is.
    Markus Schulz's Coldharbour label is under Armada, and from what I gather a lot of people on this forum like the music they release.
    "Soulless but pleasant" is a pretty good way of putting it. I'm a little sad that the recent releases on Armind sound like they belong on W&W's Mainstage label. However, you should (re)listen to Armin's latest Gaia tracks. I thought they weren't that good until I heard them live... and wow.
    My friend, who doesn't listen to trance, said yesterday "rap and hip-hop isn't what it used to be". Sounds familiar... what are you gonna do. Hate all you want but music changes and evolves.
    Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/vkatkov/
    Hercules RMX + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (white) + Traktor Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHynds View Post
    Afraid of 138 , bitch please, I wake up @ 140
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChrisHynds again.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    - this guy can do no wrong atm
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

^^^ you're scaring me with this. He's been destroying his tracks but I hope he can fix what Armin couldn't build. Bout to have a listen.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl