Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armin's comments about Intense

Armin's comments about Intense

The album incorporates pop, rock, classic and much more. Has the king of trance abandoned trance music? Do fans need to worry?
    Armin:“If I decide to eat a salad on one day, does that make me a vegetarian? 85% of the album is still trance in my opinion. Trance is where my heart has been for so many years. In fact, for the fans some tracks are really ‘classical’ Armin sounding tracks (‘Last Stop Before Heaven’, ‘Intense’, ‘Pulsar’ ‘Who’s Afraid of 138?’) but I also like to explore new production techniques. I think my fans should start worrying if there’s no progression or experimentation.”

Do you somehow feel that by releasing an album this diverse, you’re getting them to be more open-minded as well?

Armin:“Like I said above, it’s all about finding your own light, your own road. We all do this every day. In the past I could be jealous of what other people had achieved but I don’t have that so much anymore. Maybe I’ve accepted myself more now and just follow that road. That’s the only thing that feels natural and right. I guess I’m more open to my ‘inner voice’, if something like that even exists. I’ve accepted that I can’t please everybody, even though it took me years to swallow.”

Taken from: http://www.armadamusic.com/news/2013...g-my-own-road/

So he's always been accused of abandoning trance and producing A State of Pop every week (honestly, those haters must listen only to the first 10 minutes because there is always some good trance in there, usually in the second half). Tiesto has abandoned trance, turns out Armin is just experimenting. He has some incredible songs on his new album as well. Is this enough to calm people down, or haters gonna hate?
    Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/vkatkov/
    Hercules RMX + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (white) + Traktor Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by deathsupport View Post
    He has some incredible songs on his new album as well.
    Is this a joke?
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Congratulations you've fulfilled your stereotype very well.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsupport View Post
    Congratulations you've fulfilled your stereotype very well.

I'm not hating. I'm questioning your statement. ^^^ is absolute shit. How people think that is "incredible" blows my mind.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Nooo, not so much that one even though hearing it live is pretty fun. I said there are "some" incredible tracks, not all of them. Chalk up those other ones to experimentation and progression, as he described. Intense, Humming the Lights are great tracks imo. I'm not such a fan of Who's Afraid of 138 - I think there are better uplifting tracks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post

I'm not hating. I'm questioning your statement. ^^^ is absolute shit. How people think that is "incredible" blows my mind.
    Well you're definitely hating, just for the record. I do agree that its more of the same ole' over saturated garbage that fills the market nowadays
    Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Welcome back, Ragz. You are always welcome here.
    Guys, this is the legend. Recognize the greatness.

I'm sorry, but this guy is calling Intense and Pulsar trance?

Producing hybridized trance/pop music and saying you're "experimenting" is just an excuse to make music that sells well and not seem like a sellout. You want to hear progression and experimentation from a trance artist?

DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ragz View Post
    Well you're definitely hating, just for the record. I do agree that its more of the same ole' over saturated garbage that fills the market nowadays
    At no point did I hate on him "abandoning trance" which my comment was directed towards in the OP. I have no issues with him trying something new. I think the song is absolute shit regardless of what genre it is posted under and in no way would I call that an incredible track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedna View Post
    I'm sorry, but this guy is calling Intense and Pulsar trance?
    What category does Intense fit under in your opinion?

Last time I listened to ASOT it was 20mins of trance and the rest was electro house. Jus'sayin.