Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sigma - XL-FM Guest Mix (funk/breaks/jazz/old school electro)

Well, posting Ableton videos on youtube pretty much tells you how I do things. Next time I do one, I'll say that this Ableton Video was recorded in Ableton, just incase people listen to it with their monitor turned off and don't see the wave files on the screen. I don't know if you ever tried mixing in Ableton, but it is not as easy as most people think it is. EDM music is easy, but live drummer tracks are a nightmare, and is a whole other skill set. Earlier this year, I had a DJ from the east coast fly to my house in Texas, just so I could give him a private Ableton lesson, and he is flying back this summer for another one. Sorry if you don't like the way I do things. The people over on house-mixes.com seem to like them. Last time I checked, there where over 2100 disco mixes posted there. They keep track of the most liked mixes there. Out of 2100 mixes, 4 out of the top 5 are my mixes, 12 out of the top 20 are my mixes. At least that what shows up on my monitor. Maybe it only shows that on my monitor, I don't know. They may just be being nice to me. You can check here if you want: http://www.house-mixes.com/mixes/mostliked/1/funk-disco I don't really care. I don't really care how people come up with their mixes, I only care about the mix. It's all about keeping the dance floor packed to me. I don't really care how you get there. I'm glad to see you comment on one of my mixes, even if it is on your thread. Sorry if this thread went in a different direction, but you kind of brought it up. I still take it as a compliment, no hard feelings.

Banned
    You're expressing far too much butthurt in your posts. I don't care where you place in the "House-Mixes.com" chart.

My point is simple - When you post a mix, don't say "this was made the old school way" when it was done in Ableton Live.

I hate to tell you, but not all of the mixes that I post are Abelton Mixes. Some of the ones I post are straight off my NS7. I can do any Ableton mix on my equipment live, and you would barely hear any difference. Only reason I do them in Ableton, is because I have a house full of people that don't like to hear loud music all day long. With Ableton, I can do it with headphones on, and I can duplicate my mixing style perfectly. All of them are done the old skool way, like I said earlier. Old skool way to me is just straight up beat mixing and phrase matching. Nu skool is what you did with adding scratching. They didn't have scratching back in the 70's, so I called it the old skool way. Most of the time, I just put up a mix with a short description. If someone wants to know how I did it, I send them a private message and tell them exactly how I did it. Last person to ask is very popular here, and I told him exactly how I did it. Either way, glad to see you are secretly listening, even though like most people who listen, you don't comment. I don't usually comment either, but I usually don't listen to anybody's mixes since I am only interested in old songs. I did comment on yours, and positively too.

Banned
    What are you talking about? I was the first ever person to comment on one of your mixes on DJF 1.0. I was the second person to comment on one of your mixes on DJF 2.0. If I listen, I comment. I'm no "secret fan" of your mixes. That's just your ego playing tricks on you again.

i guess i am going to have to give this a listen. i was going through some 45's and the first one i pulled out after i opened this thread was your first song. serendipity.
    Last edited by moyo wilde; 05-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Well, for someone who is not a secret fan, you sure do seem to remember a lot of facts about my mixes. I couldn't remember who's mixes I commented on 2.0, never mind 1.0. I guess I'm just getting old or something, or it's my ego playing tricks on me again. Anyway, thanks for reposting my youtube video, I got a few more hits out of it, and since we kept your thread on top, you got a few more plays on your mix too, so it's all good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    I guess I'm just getting old or something
    I don't think you needed the word "getting" in there. As for your mixes, to be honest I think they're pretty bland - just straight up basic blends. Good tunes in some of them though. But you've got a fucking ego on you, that's for sure! I thought that when you PMed me the other week to ask if DJs in the UK were playing your mixes in clubs. Who do you think you are???

Well, I don't think I'm the mixing forum police for one, and I think you need to look in the mirror on the ego thing. You are the one that started this whole thing dude. I compliment your mix, then you post my video insinuating that making mixes in abelton is a piece of cake or something. You call me old, you insult my mixes, and then you reveal our private conversation. Yeah you are right, I do have an ego problem. Thanks for posting my bland Al Green Medley in your blog called "Sigma Mixes", I appreciate it. I'm going to get my big ass ego out of here and go work on my next mix.

Banned
    You said you mix "old school style" when you make your shit in Ableton Live. That's the sole reason I mentioned you, but then you responded with this sort of stuff: -

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker
    Glad to see you are following me around Sigma.
    I had a DJ from the east coast fly to my house in Texas, just so I could give him a private Ableton lesson, and he is flying back this summer for another one.
    The people over on house-mixes.com seem to like them. Last time I checked, there where over 2100 disco mixes posted there. They keep track of the most liked mixes there. Out of 2100 mixes, 4 out of the top 5 are my mixes, 12 out of the top 20 are my mixes.
    I'm glad to see you comment on one of my mixes, even if it is on your thread.
    Glad to see you are secretly listening.
    Well, for someone who is not a secret fan, you sure do seem to remember a lot of facts about my mixes.

And thinking that DJs across the UK are miming to your mixes in clubs is fucking mental. The fact that you would even ask me if that's happening is ridiculous, haha. It's a sign of an ego that's totally out of control, LOL.

Like I said though - don't lie about how you make your mixes and don't make excuses for why you have to make them that way either. Just be straight up with people, then you won't get called out on your lies.
    Last edited by Sigma; 05-22-2013 at 08:55 PM.

That "secret fan" thing got to you huh?