Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referring to Someone You Trust (Need a Bucks County Guy!)

Referring to Someone You Trust (Need a Bucks County Guy!)

So I'm opening this thread to discuss about referring business to other DJs when you're booked and how you screen those guys... and if they actually return the favor.

BUT... I'm really just in need of someone who I can trust to pick up a Bucks County gig on 8/17... The guys I normally refer to are all booked. And this is for the sister of a previous client, and I NEED to refer her to a competent DJ who will kill it like I would. (But not quite as good, so they come back to me in the future... This bride was not going to hire a DJ but the sister and mother are buying the DJ as a wedding gift because we did a great job... So they are going to want a fair price, but you don't have to low ball... I'd guess to say they want about a $1000 DJ. It's in an unconditioned barn (with power)... I normally would be leery of taking this type of gig but because this is a previous client I would hook them up... PM me if interested.

Sween, if you don't find someone, I may be able to help you out.

You're the guy I'd love to give them...

However I have concerns over your distance, and possible price... I know they want someone good enough to justify paying a fair rate... but they are probably not going to be interested in bells and whistles. I did her sister's wedding for $1200 with no dance lighting and a handful of uplights.

BUT... I promised her I'd see if "any of the other DJs I trust are available"... I did not promise her that they will be cheap. So if you're interested, I encourage you to quote it for what it's worth to you.

It looks like a bare bones wedding... At this place: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CJMBEPwSMAA

It is only about 5 miles further than my normal travel range. So that is not an issue. I'll send you my Bridal Show sales flyer, which would give her 4 options starting at $1075.

I'd tap that gig in a heartbeat but I don't think they could afford my mileage and expenses.
    WillieB69

If you get desperate, I know a few guys that have the date open.
    DJ-DJM-900nxs-Traktor X1-Reloop Contour Interface Ed.-Numark V7 x3-Traktor S2-Behringer DDM4000 x2
    Sound-Tascam TM-D1000-DFX12-EV ELX system-B52 Matrix 1000-B215-Crown XLS402-QSC PLX3402

Quote Originally Posted by WillieB69 View Post
    I'd tap that gig in a heartbeat but I don't think they could afford my mileage and expenses.
    Says the guy who just performed at his first wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    Says the guy who just performed at his first wedding?
    Dude.... That post was like 3 months ago.
    (And I actually hadn't even done a wedding at that point. )
    WillieB69

Quote Originally Posted by WillieB69 View Post
    Dude.... That post was like 3 months ago.
    (And I actually hadn't even done a wedding at that point. )
    Haha,

I don't know how I found this thread. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    Haha,

I don't know how I found this thread. That's funny.
    I dunno either.
    It seems like there's been a real resurrection of dead threads the last couple of days.
    Maybe Jesus is coming.....
    WillieB69