Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Which is better: Windows or MacOS?

Sorry i didn't see anything specific labelled in the post referring to later models of the MBP/MBA or the M1.

I understand and somewhat agree that it's frustrating when you can't freely maintain or modify some parts of your computer. I feel though that a desktop is made for upgrades, where as a portable is built for other requirements. Not having access to drives and/or memory can be a fair compromise when Apple products work as well as they do and for as long as they do. Repairing something is the real bad note for me.
    Serato - serato.com/playlists/3initial VIEW
    HearThis - hearthis.at/3initial LISTEN
    LiteRECORDS - literecords.com PROMOTE

I was mentioning the video ''Apple is good if you like crap'' - in there he mentions the repairs and upgrades issues. Nevermind the M1 chip, a previous gen MBP runs a lot of stuff. for DJing and production, you need an external card that's going to handle the processing...

As an example, I am one of those people who stuck with the previous tower MacPro, instead of buying the next gen MacPro dubbed ''the dustbin''. The thing is, you can't upgrade them, and the Macbook pros these days are near impossible to repair. Apple intends to make the next unrepairable like the iphone, where each part has it's own ID and you can't change the part or you brick the device. I am not going to act like I'm bashing on Apple, simply because Microsoft did just that with the Surface, and that machine is pretty much glued together, if you want to repair something you have to break something else...

The thing with tha apple laptops, is that apple would charge you the price of an entire board just for one component. Maybe have a look at Louis Rossman's channel, he is a pro repair guy and has a lot of things to say on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2...jw_ELax4Yisf6w
    Last edited by Manu; 09-08-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    ''Apple is good if you like crap''
    I bet he'd love Windows 11... JK
    Last edited by KLH; 09-08-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

No thanks, I need my software running muchas gracias, still have one tower running offline on XP

linux *cough* linux

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    linux *cough* linux
    What is this mysterious open-source Unix-like OS you speak of?
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

^^^It's an ancient secret that I shall not disclose.

Jeez about time:

https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-just-b...t-t-1847820524

Microsoft Just Became the First Big Company to Commit to Right to Repair

The company will hire an independent consultant to study the ways increasing access to the parts and information could cut down on electronic waste.

Wondering if it's just fancy words, or are they going to stop gluing MS surface computers shut...

Lol, is there a forum left on the planet that doesnt have a thread dedicated to this.

I use both heavily, prefer Mac for home/DJing/Photography use, Windows for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.