Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase the PM inbox size!

Other forums with the same layout as this one often have a 'wall' that you can write on

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    By the way. I have a question. If we lose our VIP status, what happens to the messages in our inbox and our uploaded attachments, which are now over the standard member limit?

Do they get deleted, or do they stay?
    They stay (as far as I know), but your inbox will become full and if/when you delete them you won't get that space back.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

It is quite annoying but if your messages are important to you, you can always select the ones you want and DJF gives you an option to download them as text, XML, etc in the same menu you go to delete your messages. Once you've saved them, delete em off your inbox to make space.

PM limits are always a pain. You could have a 1000 PM limit and it's a pain too. All we're talking about is when and how often you're inconvenienced to clean them up.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

One of the other forums I am on has a 50 PM limit. Which is fine. But the best thing is that it auto-prunes your oldest message when you receive a new one. If you get an important message, you can choose to save it in another folder, but your inbox auto-prunes. This would be advantageous as it means your inbox basically takes care of itself.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...
    Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: 22-06-2013

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    PM limits are always a pain. You could have a 1000 PM limit and it's a pain too. All we're talking about is when and how often you're inconvenienced to clean them up.

-KLH
    I agree with this. As a mod, mine is 100 I think. I try to save mine in case I need to go back for reference. So, when it comes clean up time, I don't just delete the oldest 75 or whatever. I have to go through both sent & received & look through most of them to view the relevance & decide whether to keep it or discard it. So... the more I have, the more time consuming it is to clean up.

I guess I need to take on this task every month rather than letting it build up until its full but, its certainly not anything I look forward to. On the other hand, I guess if I had 1000, the last 500 would be so far back that its relevance would not be useful & I could just delete them. I don't know.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Agreed.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Bump. I need diz done nao please.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Bump. I think 200 for VIP and 25 for regular member is appropriate.