Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 hip-hop release that you've been digging?

Banned

2013 hip-hop releases that you've been digging?

I have to say, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but that's mainly why I'm starting it. The stuff I've checked out hasn't been that great, so maybe you guys can recommend something.

Oh yeah, I did quite like the most recent Ghostface LP, but overall I thought it was one of his weaker efforts. I do like this track a lot though: -

Last edited by Sigma; 05-12-2013 at 04:54 PM.

I like Chris Rock, especially his standups sampled in a hip hop song. This one might be too cheesey for you but it hits on the dance floor.

Check out R. A. The Rugged Man's Legends Never Die

Banned
    If you like instrumental hip-hop, this is great IMO: -

Hi Dusty Stranger is pushing forward with atmospheric, instrumental Hip Hop just like DJ Shadow did with Entroducing. Where Shadow took journeys that touch on Drum and Bass and the at the time, the newly penned genre Trip Hop, he still remained Hip Hop to the core. In fact, he was changing the face of Hip Hop and beat oriented instrumental music forever. Frane has grabbed on to that philosophy however, and gone a step in his own direction. He too remains Hip Hop to the core, but also keeps it equal parts Funkadelic, Pink Floyd, 60′s Psych and Jazz, and Hip Hop history all rolled up in a 10 track Frane themed beat lesson. This effort falls more along J.Rocc’s Cold Rock Stuff in comparison than Entroducing, but it deserves to be right up there. It’s groundbreaking in this day and age of the 70 BPM beat or Dubstep ridiculousness and has been applauded by everyone from Wax Poetics to High Times (duh) to XL8R and more.
    http://fleamarketfunk.com/2013/05/13...usty-stranger/

You can cop it here as a download (including in lossless FLAC format if you like), or you can cop a limited edition signed CD which also comes with the downloadable version: -

http://djfrane.bandcamp.com/

You can listen to it there too.

I'm a big fan of TY - his new EP 'Kick Snare And An Idea' came out a month or so ago; rockin' every tune, wearing his t-shirts, everyt'ing!

Click here for mobile viewing.
    Last edited by dlove; 05-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.

I'm kind a surprised this hasn't reached the Hiphop section yet but...

'Yeezus' also formerly known as 'I Am God' was given a release date (mid June)
    Kanye performed 2 tracks on the upcomming album on SNL on Friday night and was heavily talked about on TSS(love the site)
    I'm kinda excited myself being a ye' fan. It hasn't been released yet but will be in a couple weeks but peep the tracks. Kinda liked the idea he did with

Black Skinhead

and
    New Slaves... which he released at different points throughout the day on Friday and Saturday at various locations around the world. Can be found on Kanyewest.com. Kinda wish I paid attention to his site but gave up after kanyeunivercity stopped up******. Love this track.

Wait, is he serious with those titles?

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    Wait, is he serious with those titles?
    lol its Yeezy... of course he's serious!