View Poll Results: Marco Bass vs Baller95 vs DJ Armani - Commercial Battle: Who should win?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

1 4.76%
  • Mix 2

0 0%
  • Mix 3

20 95.24%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marco Bass vs Baller95 vs DJ Armani - Commercial Battle

Thanks for the feedback KLH

Yeah, clearly #3 is just a better mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Thanks for voting. + rep.
    Lost a Battle? I did -->winning mix http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95/may-2013-mix-1-334118
    Want to hear more mixes form DJ BALLER?? --> http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95

Banned
    Mix 1 - Watch your levels. Here's track's 1 and 2 for instance: -

Some of the tracks were noticeably clipping. Other than that, I thought it was a solid mix - no frills, as someone said above - but solid nonetheless.

Mix 2 - You submitted a 48 KHz, 320 Kbps joint stereo MP3, but as KLH said, it's been recorded in mono. I didn't like the fade in start, but I thought it was another solid mix overall.

Mix 3 - I think some post-editing was done on this mix when it comes to the levels. Either that, or all the music you used is compressed to shit. There's something not right about it, but it was the best mix IMO.

The music in all 3 was not my thing at all and I hated every minute of it, but once I'd listened to mix 1 I thought I better carry on, haha. I voted for mix 3.

Wow this battles got a lot of votes compared to others I've seen... Thanks for the feedback!

Easier to listen and vote on shorter mixes. All very good, but mix 3 was outstanding.

any more voters?
    Lost a Battle? I did -->winning mix http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95/may-2013-mix-1-334118
    Want to hear more mixes form DJ BALLER?? --> http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Bass View Post
    any more voters?
    listening now. Will vote in ~45 mins if the mixes are the right length
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.

Mix 1:
    A big 'no no' I have is mixing two tracks from the same artist and I think the first two tracks didn't really work great together anyway. Aside from that it's all mixed fairly well. The track before I Love It might be a little too Prog House for people who enjoyed the rest of the mix and the remix of I Love It (unless that;s a new song) might Be a bit too Electro House for those people. But Still nice. The mixing into levels (skrillex) was a bit awkward. But not too bad. The Diplo Remix of Sweet Nothing is one of my favourite tracks of last year. Absolute killlllller

Mix 2:
    The start was strange and sudden. The original start to levels would have been fine. Maybe you just ran out of time and cropped the intro. I don't like the remix of Pumped up kicks much but the mixing wasn't bad. I think the intro to a few songs was too long for a commercial mix but it was beat matched and neat. Like mix 1, there's a track or two that I wouldn't call commercial but also like mix 1, it was in no way 'sloppy'.

Mix 3:
    I think the intro song was a good choice. Nice mix into the second track but the bass sounds like it's clipping. Again, a decent transition with no space for people to stand around waiting for the next song to start. I can only imagine that was a pre-made transition to shots. The intro to sexy and I know it was long and wasn't beat matched for a while. It should have been before you dropped it in. Like mix 1, I don't like the same artist twice in a row. Clever transition to Turn Up The Music but Sexy and I know it had only just started. Could have done it a verse later given how long other tracks played out.

Overall: given the relevance of the tracks, the mixing and the general feel of what was played. I'd vote mix 3. I think it was the most club compatible given the short gaps between songs. Each flowed into the next nicely, maintaining good energy.
    However if I create a comp in future I might make a no pre-recorded mash ups or transitions rule.
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.

Thanks for the feedback!