View Poll Results: Marco Bass vs Baller95 vs DJ Armani - Commercial Battle: Who should win?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

1 4.76%
  • Mix 2

0 0%
  • Mix 3

20 95.24%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marco Bass vs Baller95 vs DJ Armani - Commercial Battle

Quote Originally Posted by BOWNSIR View Post
    Fair enough. However, I’m not mad at the fact that you used a bootleg, what got to me to respond initially is that you would have continued to lead people on thinking they were your blends if Remax hadn’t said anything. How did I come to this conclusion? When I posted my critique and thought the second song was a Niki Minaj song, you did not hesitate to PM me directly stating that it was in fact a Missy Elliot song. This isn’t the actual problem. We went back and forth a few times and you finally said, “btw I’m mix 3” And I was like, “Oh snap! Good on the transition” ect. I even mentioned in my critique post that the shots mix (thinking that you actually did it) was genius. My thing is, you were quick to correct me on the Missy Elliot song and quick to let me know which mix was yours (while voting was still going on) but you didn’t “correct” me on the shots blend. You could have easily mentioned, “oh yeah, that blend wasn’t actually live” Some people could care less about what you used in your mix, but what I dislike is when your cover was blown you play it off like you’re not the type to give a full tracklist or it wasn’t listed in the rules when your initial intention of passing those pre-mixed songs off as your own failed. At least own up to that.
    We did message yes but I don't recall you mentioning specifically about the shots transition. If you did mention it, there was no intentional purpose to not respond to your comment. I don't think any cover was blown and I wasn't playing anything off. Like I said before and as M!TCH and Blue Shoes have mentioned, I wouldn't use a song that mainly DJ's have access and hope I wouldn't get caught using it for a mix I made for a DJ forum. Also, I've never posted a tracklist anywhere, where I give the names of the remix, mash up, etc. I don't even have to put up a tracklist, I chose to just put the original song name to give people an idea of the type of music they're going to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    I didn't listen but thought I might opine. No one should ever comment on the mixes, even if there are questions from the voting public as to authenticity of something until voting is over. If it comes out that it wasn't fair, either a rematch or someone forfeits the win.

With regards to what tracks are used, in commercial music and the amount of mash ups people listen to nowadays people should be used to bootlegs/mashups/edits, etc. If I'm listening to a battle mix I'm not necessarily only focused on the transitions, I'm focused on a multitude of things (not to mention, I never know where the transitions are in this "genre") so unless a transition is obvious I refrain from commenting on it.
    I agree with this because Commercial/Top 40 music is probably the only genre with so many variants of remixes, mash ups, etc so I think it's fair to say tracks like mine can be used unless noted not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shoes View Post
    I Cbf looking through the thread but I think I pointed out earlier that they were pre recorded transitions. Now I'm sure he's not stupid enough to think he was fooling anyone into believing that he was mixing them 'on the fly'.

While I don't like the idea of using that sort of edit in these comps, I would have thought that anyone with any real experience would easily spot that these were pre made and judge on the track selection rather than commend the transition.

I mean I might post a remix in my entry but I'm not expecting people to believe that I'm adding in a big drop 'on the fly'.
    It's a remix. I'm surprised people would actually believe he was doing this live.

Plenty of people post mash ups here and I can usually spot something pre-made vs an acapella over an instrumental. No one seems to complain about these.

I don't think there's any foul play here. Just someone spicing up a set and a grey area in the rules. Well not even a grey area. Just a rule that maybe should have been there but it comes back on whoever started the Calling Out thread.

Again, I haven't bothered to find my earlier post but I'm pretty sure I mentioned that if I started a calling out thread, I would include a rule against pre mixed transitions or mash ups.

But this one didn't have that rule so fair play.
    Yeah, this is really what it's about. I don't think I did anything wrong and try to hide and cover it up the fact afterwards.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I've mislead anyone, like I said before they weren't my intentions. I can gurantee you that after the voting if you had asked me how I did them I would have told you that they were transition tracks I've got from DJ City. IIRC a few battles ago someone PM'd me asking about a track I used in my mix and I gave them the link to where I got it. If I've upset you Armani or Marco Bass I apologize but yes I was still playing within the rules but if ever you want a rematch, I'll be glad to.

@baller95 It's no big deal, like I said there was no rule to clarify that!
    Confidence, and hard work is the key to success in anything. Lost track of battle record
    http://www.soundcloud.com/djarmanicee

Yeah man for sure!

Baller 1V1 battle? pick the genre House, techno, top 40, pre-made dj city mash ups?
    http://soundcloud.com/real-dj-remax

I want in on a battle as well

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Remax View Post
    Baller 1V1 battle? pick the genre House, techno, top 40, pre-made dj city mash ups?
    Yeah let's go, I'll actually find a good mix from the submissions thread and use that instead