Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: RANT on Piracy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    Ok, another question.... Is it "poor taste" for DJs to download and play tracks from sound cloud... Don't hate, I'm askin a question.
    No, it's not "poor taste". It can be copyright infringement though, if it's not a 100% original track.

It is another example of hypocrisy in some cases. For example, there are people that make mashups, edits and remixes without permission from the rights holders and they put them on SoundCloud for folks to download for free, yet they're banging away on the "don't pirate!" drum on here.

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    Ok, another question.... Is it "poor taste" for DJs to download and play tracks from sound cloud... Don't hate, I'm askin a question.
    If a producer or label has enabled downloads on Soundcloud tracks then surely their intention is that people download them, listen to them and play them out

As Sigma said it could be murky territory if they're mashups or edits or whatever, but no the idea of playing tracks you've downloaded from Soundcloud is not poor form itself.

Thanks guys, good answers.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

This is why I love vinyl records. When I buy one, I LISTEN to it. Spend time w it and learn it. There is no way I could learn 200000 songs like the back of my hand. They would be useless to me.

I love records cause of that too. You get to know every single track.

Artists lose money because of the music industry, plain and simple. 7% over all profit after everything and you still have to pay taxes! Bullshit! For some thats like $100,000.00 a year. There are a few bands that have posted their music on a website and asked people to pay what they think its worth! thats the way to go! it'll weed out all the crap that Music exec's push through. I pay for my music, but still in my opinion some of it shouldn't have to payed for! lol just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by Djschiti View Post
    my opinion some of it shouldn't have to payed for! lol just sayin!
    ... Why would you even want music that is literally worthless? (your words)

Thanks for all the piracy info, honestly learned some things that to this point I took lightly.

I'm glad that you did. Very important in this industry

How does this apply to sharing DJ mixes? As in a long 50 min audio files with tracks mixed together freely shared online?