Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RANT on Piracy

RANT on Piracy

I said "Don't do it" and I meant it.

So don't do it. Ever. For real. Seriously.

-KLH

Piracy's baaad, mmkay

epic rant is epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

I don't know any club dj's that DON'T share tracks. Nothing wrong with sharing music. A-Trak said he would swap hdd's with other dj's to learn new sets often....

Pay for quality.

In the case of vinyl records it's just considered plain, old-fashioned theft.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna

Quote Originally Posted by Austin GoGreen View Post
    I don't know any club dj's that DON'T share tracks. Nothing wrong with sharing music. A-Trak said he would swap hdd's with other dj's to learn new sets often....
    This is the exact reason that I cringed when I saw that A-Trak quote long ago... because I knew that so many of the little wannabes of the world would start using HIS pathetic behaviour as an excuse to start stealing their own music, because "if A-Trak does it, then I can too (or should too)."

Just because A-Trak does something doesn't make it right. Just because he's well-known doesn't make him any less of a thieving piece of crap. He's just a thieving piece of crap who really should know better.

As a DJ who actually buys the music I need and DOESN'T share tracks (with very few exceptions, such as the ones I've legally produced myself)... I tend to resent those "DJs" who are freely and illegally passing around the tracks for which I have shelled out my hard-earned money, strictly because I choose to play by the rules and those other DJs somehow think they're "above" the rules.

If all the DJs pirating their collections choose to do everything that A-Trak did because "A-Trak is doing it," then hopefully one day A-Trak will walk out in his front yard and set himself on fire. The resulting immolations around the world will make the DJ industry a lot better, overall.

If you're going to play in the real grown-up DJ world, then you need to act like a grown-up. If you love the music, then you need to buy the music. Stealing music doesn't make you a respected DJ... it just makes you a thief and a disgrace to the industry.

Badger
    Last edited by Badger; 02-27-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Slight wording change/addition.
    Old-School DJ, Remix Archivist, Vinyl Freak, and Nostalgia Addict
    DJBadger.com | Awesome Retro DJ Service | Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud | ACIDPlanet
    RUTHLESS PROGRESSION | Please don't rent cars from Dollar or Thrifty!