Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DJF Trance tourney 2012

OONS (2009), Me (2010), Chris (2011) - A battle for the three of us sound good? Perhaps next month or so?

Good stuff, I will take a listen soon! Congrads mang, can't wait for the next round

Thanks every1, and yea Silent I'm up for that lets see if OONS is keen???
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

I have a proposal for the required track rule.

What about the person who arranges the competition picks out the required tracks? That could open up the competition for different styles of trance, and could include some tunes that are "different" from your standard top10 beatport cheese trance.
    Just a thought anyways :p

problem with that is, the people would all have to buy the tracks, and i'm not sure 20 people are going to enter if they all have to spend $30 on tracks to do so,

and THEN, the people are not going to want to listen to the same 10 tracks mixed almost the same 20x over. and judge them,

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    problem with that is, the people would all have to buy the tracks, and i'm not sure 20 people are going to enter if they all have to spend $30 on tracks to do so,

and THEN, the people are not going to want to listen to the same 10 tracks mixed almost the same 20x over. and judge them,
    We usually have one required track in each round. I think what utrolig meant was that we pick the track as opposed to saying whatever track is number 2 in the top 10 on this and this date will be the required track.

@utrolig - We can't really do that because all of us have some sort of bias as to what kind of tracks we like. Someone is bound to complain if we were to choose. The top 10 method seems to be the fairest. The other option is to have the contestants vote for a track.

I was just brainfarting. I see your point though, but I figured someone can actually make it so that there is a bit of variety at least. Cause as far as i can remember it has been pretty stale except in the final (Reboot by Ummet Ozcan)

Quote Originally Posted by utrolig View Post
    I was just brainfarting. I see your point though, but I figured someone can actually make it so that there is a bit of variety at least. Cause as far as i can remember it has been pretty stale except in the final (Reboot by Ummet Ozcan)
    I understand what you are saying as well as others' concerns about this. I for one don't think we should get of the required track. It brings something standard to all mixes and gives us another parameter to judge on. We don't have to have it limited to the top 10. We could have each contestant name one track each and submit it to us. Following that, we number each track and have someone outside the competition randomly choose a number for each round.

We'll be discussing this stuff as we go on. I'm not sure whether Ohmega wants to stick around to manage it this time around, but I know we are going to force the rules this time.

You could try a top 10 list from another site...

Djdownload's top 10 (100 really) is different than Beat Port's list. DJdownload or another site might have a better, less cheesier selection.

DJd: http://www.djdownload.com/genreTop100.php?genreID=7
    BP: http://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    You could try a top 10 list from another site...

Djdownload's top 10 (100 really) is different than Beat Port's list. DJdownload or another site might have a better, less cheesier selection.

DJd: http://www.djdownload.com/genreTop100.php?genreID=7
    BP: http://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7
    That's another great idea. Definitely something to look into. I understand the cheesiness aspect of some of it. Very hard to work it into a set that sounds completely different. But I guess that's where the skill comes in. Ha