Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my hands on the CMD controllers!

Got my hands on the CMD controllers!

They're in my hands now - all of them! They look amazing. I will do some writing on them as I start to use them.

What?! how did you get them. I heard they weren't out yet.

I know this guy, and he has this amazing goatee and he's just a really great friend. I think you might know him.

Man how the heck is everyone getting these and I cant even get an email back
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

I am knowledgeable in the ways of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post
    Man how the heck is everyone getting these and I cant even get an email back
    Who are you sending the email to?

Would Be Interested In Hearing About The LC-1, DV-1 and DC-1. Looking at them as an alternative to the F1 and X1 to control random aspects of Traktor.

The F1 is currently the only device that offers full control of remix decks. I don't believe that the control manager currently offers the full functionality for controllers that aren't the F1.

Okay so this is what they look like out of their boxes!

And here's how I decided to arrange them. I am most comfortable with left handed platter manipulation, so that's why the PL-1 is where it is. The MM-1 is the main USB hub, as well as the center of the action in any mix, so I wanted it place it there. I prefer right handed cue point bashing, so the DC-1 (4x4 grid) is on the far right. The DV-1 is going to be where I do most of my FX manipulation and looping, which is essential to my mix, so it's right beside the MM-1. The only unit that I don't currently have big plans for is the LC-1, as it is more Ableton-centric and I'm currently thinking in terms of Traktor, as that, to me, is what these controllers are mainly for... but I have some Ableton scripts put together by the folks at Behringer, so rest assured, I'll be trying this with my copy of Live 9 (and yes, my sources say it's compatible with Live 9!)

Also, each unit is secured together by a metal plate that screws on to the neighboring units. It's a pretty cool system, but part of me wishes it was two metal plates, one at the top and one at the bottom, so moving the units while screwed together was a little less harrowing. Also, when all five units are screwed together, this is full stop the largest DJ controller unit that I own (comparable to a 49 key keyboard). Luckily all you need to pop them apart is a simple Phillipshead screwdriver. And if you have a Leatherman (and if you don't, why not?!) you'll be good to break it down and build it back up at the gig. Though honestly, these units are heavy enough that unless you're doing some really serious platter / crossfader manipulation, it's not strictly necessary - just cool.