Thread: Just ordered the white RMX 1000

Just ordered the white RMX 1000

Can't wait to get it. Any advice from users??
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services

Congrats, looks like a nice unit, especially LOVE the added drum effects, makes an ordinary song seem more 3D.
    However apart from the percussion key pads, it seems vaguely like an organized version of the Kaoss pad.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Although I've been playing with it for a few months, I find it more than I'll ever need for club gigs. The DJM-900 has enough effects for me. The sampling portion is cool, but I'm too busy balancing 3 cdjs and quick mixing to really use them. If only I had an extra pair of hands lol

one tip, practice, practice, practice, and dont be afraid bringing it with you!, thats your edge!

/"Shameful" DJ "Hahaha i crack myself up"
    www.Hulkshare.com/Starzmacker - - - - - - www.Soundcloud.com/Starzmacker
    DJM 909. DJM 800, DJM 900, DNS 050, CDJ 2000, DNS 3700, MC 6000, KP3 And much more

i was going to originally get a rmx 500. but a got a decent deal on the rmx1000.

i got it this past monday..... i have it running with a rane 62..... the added drums are real nice makes a dead song more live..... the echo out is better on the rmx than the 62 but im still on the same firmware on the 62 as the 62 has a firmware update.

the rmx doesnt like hip hop beats...... what im sayin that the rmx doesn't auto beat detection good at slow beats...... i played yellow tape and its 70 bpm's and the rmx read it at 140... i did have to use manual tap.... but for house music or dance it read the bpm automatically...

the isolator in its default stage kinda sucks...... but i found out you can alter its frequency range and add boost.... so i will play with that.

the color effects the spiral and the noise you have to be careful .....you can crank it quick and will sound bad.

the effect stop lever is awesome you can get really creative with your transtions with this... spinback, echo, brake

it you start adding too much of everything on this thing it will sound terrible....

so i would say apply sparingly ..... and practice with it.... and use the rmx remix box to alter the sounds to your liking

i will add to the samples some 808 sounds like the cowbell and the real low kick.... just to have to sample some of my sound in mashine and convert them to a .wav

i will do a small video comparing the echo in SSL, rane 62, and rmx.
    Last edited by Dj broray; 02-05-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Check out baller95 he beat me in a DJF battle, http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95/dj_mixes