Thread: We're finally in the air! Ready to help new DJs!

Do you want to share your music and get exposure?

Hey DJ Forum.
    I hope, I don't violate some forum rules by creating this topic. And if it is in the wrong category, then feel free to move it.

But the thing is, that I am in the process of starting a community where DJs can share their music and thereby gain exposure. Right now we have a temporary blog page, but during the month of May, the final page gets online.
    I would like to point out that it is 100% non-profit. There is no adsense or affiliate advertising on the blog. I only do it because I like to listen to new artists, and because I'm very interested in music.

You can find the blog here: http://www.upcomingdjs.wordpress.com
    Since it is only a blog, we have no contact system yet. So if you want to share your music and be featured on the blog, then you'll have to share your music on our Facebook wall.

Facebook page you will find here: http://www.facebook.com/upcomingdjs

I thank you for your time and hope that my topic is welcome in the forum.

- Upcoming DJs

A little bump

You know there are a bazillion other music blogs out there, right? What makes yours different?

I'd visit your blog, if you took the time to pick out great music. A lot of blogs tell you something is the greatest song in the world every other day. If there was a person with impeccable taste and discernment that only picked good music to feature, I'd visit that blog.

We're finally in the air! Ready to help new DJs!

Hello DJ forum.
    Finally we got our website in air.
    Upcoming DJ’s is a community where we help DJs promote themselves and their music.
    The idea behind the page is that it should be easier for new djs, to promote their music.
    We will use our website as well as our facebook page, to help expose the music to a large audience throughout the world.
    All our work is free of charge. We are a nonprofit organization. We only do it because we love music!

You can find it here: http://www.upcomingdjs.com

Banned
    Fair play to you if you're going to keep that free. Hopefully you will be discerning with what you post though, rather than posting up stuff just because DJs/producers asked you to on your Facebook page. The only way to get a site like that off the ground is to get a reputation for posting quality mixes and tracks, otherwise it'll just be a dumping ground that nobody reads. Good luck with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Hopefully you will be discerning with what you post though, rather than posting up stuff just because DJs/producers asked you to on your Facebook page.
    Of course! We don't post every single track by every single dj. The DJs can post the tracks on the wall and send them in a mail, and we will repeatly go through them, and pick out the best ones, and feature them on the site.

Thanks for you advice!

Banned
    Cool. I wasn't being presumptuous, it's just that as your site is new and not many people know it, you may have had the tendency to post stuff just so you had some content. The way you're doing it is the right way though IMO.

Similar to what I am doing with my site, but its only for techno and London, basically pushing the music myself and partners enjoy, along with event reviews, artist interviews etc.

Hope it works out for you guys.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Very nice! Looks clean and professional. Is it still in beta? I noticed on the form (where it says Leave a reply) if you hit "Post Comment" without entering comments it takes you to another page with what looks like an error message in another language.