Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Top Headphone you would buy

Since I'm still learning beatmatching (mainly because I haven't had the time to devote lately) and I'm a mobile DJ, not club, I'm wondering for those who do work clubs and do loud parties/school type events, do you prefer the bass heavy headphones because it's easier to hear the bass beat over the live feed with enhanced bass in your cans?

Also, related, I see people talking about wearing earplugs and headphones at the same time. Does this make it easier or harder to beatmatch. I have a pair of cheap hearos right now but eventually plan on getting the custom ER's that require a visit to an audiologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

I prefer a relatively flat response from my phones. If you go too bass heavy, it can make it tricky to pick out detail. A good quality pair of phones with decent isolation, that can handle high volumes is what I would recommend. I personally use Pioneer HDJ2000s, but there plenty of alternatives at a more reasonable price. Sennheiser HD-25s seem to be a favourite with DJs.

This is a good thread to check out ...

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...over-the-years
    "Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)

My pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros are getting beat up. I'm gunna be getting a new pair of headphones soon. Why doesn't anyone talk about AKG anymore, I thought they were good? lol

I think I'll have to try out the HD-25s

1. Beyerdynamic DT1350 - Bass as clear and crisp as open backs
    2. Sennheiser HD25-1 - Light weight and indestructible
    3. Alan and heath XD-53 - Great sound and nice swivel hinges that don't tend to crack
    4. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro with synthetic leather pads - Studio quality and big sound stage for a good price
    5. Fostex T50RP - Because with a few mods they make amazing quality headphones

These are my 3. . . (these are all in the $250 and under range)

HDJ 2000, leather ear pads and cusion very comfortable, sound impressive, looks great.($245.00)

A&H DB XD53, The best looking, and a plus sound over the 2000's, these are a bit heavy, yet not bulky.(199.99)

A&H XD 40, my play around heads, I take these EVERYWHERE!($79.99)

Soon to purchase the Sennheiser HD 25ii.
    Last edited by den1213; 08-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Beyerdynamic DT1350 ... hands down the best DJ phones I've used yet. My HDJ2000s have now been demoted to spares.

Review here
    "Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)

Pioneer SEDJ 5000 for me.

These are my 2nd pair. The reason why they are my 2nd pair is because someone stole em from me in the late 90s/early 2000s. I had the HDJ 1ks for a bit, but they eventually broke.

I use Pioneer HDJ-1000K headphones. However, when I need to replace them, I am leaning towards the Pioneer HDJ-2000 model, instead.

for sure the HDJ2000's are great headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by sin303 View Post
    for sure the HDJ2000's are great headphones.
    had these since release, still as good as new, but not