Beats? what better than beats! (sarcasm)
Sony MDR-7506s are my faves... less than $100, light and clean.
DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1
shure SRH750ODJ very good i had them for 3 years new about $150.
1. Sennheiser HD 25-II (excellent sound output, small, compact, undisctructable!, lack off bass)
2. Beats Studio (Excellent bass, very loud and keep quality good for live performance and to much background noise, unhandy, big, batteries)
3. Sennheiser HD-205/206 (my oldest pair: Excellent sound, covers your ears well, handy ear flip, breaks fast, to quiet)
4. Boss (worst headsets even worn)
5. Sony (In overal good models, but not my favorites, they all lack something I want)
Iv seen many people say Beats pro suck. Beats Pro indeed suck but the Studio are just... crazy!
I love it as the sound quality is ALMOST as the 25II HD, what is good too is that when you DJ and the stage's music is really loud, the Studio get powerfully loud in sound making it better to hear, but not better for your ears xD
Last edited by PVTD; 03-16-2012 at 05:44 AM.
just bought some xd-40's and they are amazing, wish i would have sprung for the 53. oh well, next time. they are CLASS though.
Currently using HD 25-1 II but would love to try the AiAiAi TMA-1
Have had Ultrasone DJ-1's for the past 3 years, would like to try HD-25's or the TMA-1's too.
Sennheiser HD25-1 II or Dennon AH-D2000, just depends what I brought along
I'm curious to try some of the Shure in-ear buds for on the go, something along the lines of 42dB of external reduction
What do you guys buy your headphones on other than comfort? Personally i go for the flattest response I can find....
Originally Posted by Dick Rees
These are my favourites. I don't use them for mixing, as they are a bit too light & swivel too much to monitor "on the ear".
Bowers & Wilkins P5s ...
Seriously nice headphones. No plastic. Closed back. All real leather, aluminium & steel. The sound is better than my HDJ2000s.
... but, they do cost!
"Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)