Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What synths are you guys using!?

im a newbie so right now im only using operator, looking into using analog with operator and learning a .vst to ableton, not sure which one yet but in time I will figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Are these the same 'synths' that produce 100% of the Pop-crap music today? If so, (((thumbs down))) on that sound.

Synths can make any sound you want and be used in any genre, if you wanna make pop with a Buchla 200e it's possible, as well as with any soft synth.

If you think pop is sounding all about the same is a problem of producers not synths.

That being said I think the two most popular synths right now are sylenth and Massive. After that probably Zebra 2.5 but more in scores and sound design for movies.
    Last edited by login; 02-26-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
    do share the freebies.
    Trance Drive, Tyrel, Serio 3 and all of the ITCHY Dubstep VST's such as siesmik, punch, subsonic ect... ( theres 6 i belive ) to name a few C:

I've been using Zebra 2 alot lately. I have Massive but I bought Zebra about a week after I bought Massive and haven't put in the time to get to know it.

These are the synths that make ANY type of sound you want.....

Synapse Dune.

It's the only soft synth I've used that I can stand.

I'm going to buy either a Minitaur or a Minibrute this summer along with a hardware VA of some kind (Nord Lead, Radias, Virus) because I really just hate soft synths. The only hesitation is buying an audio interface good enough to run them, and the synths, and the pres I'd want to go with them. It's a lot of money just because I can't get my head out of my bum about soft synths sucking.

^Well IMHO each soft and hardware has its place. There are many things software can do that hardware doesnt. For example DIVA which can combine modules of emulations of vintage synths. Or ACE which acts as modular wich can use audio outs as mod sources (something only present i the high end of hardware modulars).

Granular, additive, modal and wavetable synthesis have more posibilities in software too.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    Synths can make any sound you want and be used in any genre, if you wanna make pop with a Buchla 200e it's possible, as well as with any soft synth.

If you think pop is sounding all about the same is a problem of producers not synths.

That being said I think the two most popular synths right now are sylenth and Massive. After that probably Zebra 2.5 but more in scores and sound design for movies.
    Thanx for educating me... As producers, more power to ya'll that are striving to sound different.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Thanx for educating me... As producers, more power to ya'll that are striving to sound different.
    It's not the sound of the synth that makes it good, bad, poppy, original, different, whatever... it's what you do with it.

I hate the idea that today's songs need to use original "instruments"... like Deadmau5 has a copyright on a certain Massive saw oscillator or something.

Piano's sound the same (mostly)... and people have managed to be original with them for hundreds of years. Same with the guitar, or any other "traditional" instrument. Why does everyone think all synth sounds need to be original? And when someone popular uses a certain "sound" all of the sudden it's off limits to everyone else?

Currently im using the synths that come with Logic Pro 9. Mainly the ES2 and the ESP.
    Should be adding the komplete 8 to my library soon though...Cant wait!