Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your FIRST mix!

Post your FIRST mix!

To encourage all the beginners, let's post our FIRST mix.

That's right. The FIRST mix. The one that has levels and song selection all over the place. The one that proves that you started at the beginning... I'll go first:

KLH's First Mix

My first mix was made 6 days after getting my first setup: M-Audio's Xponent and running Torq. My first mix was going to show the world that I could rock the house. What's better than doing that with a New Year's Eve mix (2007)!

Proudest moment: 21:50 - Making a "Brake" on one track which leads into the next track coming in.

Not-so-proudest moment: 34:00 - Slowing down the track about 30% and then speeding it back up to original BPM because I chickened out bringing in a slower track.

Remember, FIRST mix only guys...

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Listening to your mix brought back some memories from 07! Here my first recorded mix I made not long ago (just over 8 months ago) which was AFTER my car accident that paralyzed me. Not bad considering I only used my iPad with no hardware and my shit hand function back then check it out!

Wow... no one else wants to do this?

I'll throw in some rep!

-KLH
    Last edited by KLH; 04-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I'll have to see if I can find it (I don't think I started recording until I stopped trainwrecking).
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Wow... no one else wants to do this?

-KLH
    They're all too embarrassed to post it

Oh shit....I will post it if I can find it. I know its chocked full of train wrecks though

Edit: And its trance
    Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Welcome back, Ragz. You are always welcome here.
    Guys, this is the legend. Recognize the greatness.

I'll see what I can dig out. I don't have my first one, that's for sure, but I do think I can find a tape of an early one

My 1st and only one so far, i'm too harsh on myself when mixing though. I am currently planning a new one soon though. This was done back in January. I only started June last year.
    Last edited by Moleman; 04-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.

I deleted that shit from all existence. The day that shit sees the light of day will be during the apocalypse...

Banned
    Here's mine, although my web space keeps going offline today so if the link doesn't work, that's why: -

.:. MY FIRST MIX .:.

This a "my first mix" in terms of it being the first mix I ever recorded with the intention of other people hearing it. It's kinda the equivalent of the first mix I would have posted up on DJF, had DJF been around back then, so it's not a practice session recorded shortly after owning DJ gear - I don't want to give a false impression. I did things somewhat backwards, as I learned to scratch first before taking a break from DJing for several years, then I practiced mixing on a friend's setup, then I got into playing gigs, then I bought my own proper DJ setup (to use for gigs) and this mix was recorded after that. It was recorded in 2003.