Thread: American DJ LED Tri7x not giving its true colour

American DJ LED Tri7x not giving its true colour

I have noticed that when I put white on in the RGB Settings , it is giving a tint of blue green also . I see the white in the middle but on the outside of the ring it's showing a different color . I have tried this with my other Tri7X lights and they are all doing the same thing . So it their a way to get it to a true white color ?

This is a phenomena that happens with color mixing LED lights. If their lenses or diodes aren't aligned properly, then you get "shadows" of other colors around your beam. It's common on low end fixtures unfortunately, and thankfully manufacturers are getting a little more proactive about this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    This is a phenomena that happens with color mixing LED lights. If their lenses or diodes aren't aligned properly, then you get "shadows" of other colors around your beam. It's common on low end fixtures unfortunately, and thankfully manufacturers are getting a little more proactive about this.
    Right on target. Three separate LEDs cannot occupy the exact same space in the same diode, and they all won't ever be equally as bright as one another. Unless you get RGBW or RGBWA Diodes, this is a fairly common issue. Have you tried decreasing the Blue and Green values through DMX to see if that helps?
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Right on target. Three separate LEDs cannot occupy the exact same space in the same diode, and they all won't ever be equally as bright as one another. Unless you get RGBW or RGBWA Diodes, this is a fairly common issue. Have you tried decreasing the Blue and Green values through DMX to see if that helps?

Yes I found this to be better if I do it manually or do it through DMX . I believe I had to set it to r255 on the display for a better white , Not 100 % but it will do .