Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "How to Become a SoundCloud Superstar, One Fake Fan at a Time"

Edit: double post
    2 x CDJ 850 | DJM 900nxs | Traktor Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53 headphones | Xone K2 | Traktor X1 | Traktor F1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebr4nd View Post
    I don't really remember any beatport top 10 tracks being from no name terribles who bought hundreds of thousands of soundcloud views.
    Well, the article that this thread is about says that some random unknown essentially bought his way to number 11 in one of Beatport's charts, so not quite top 10, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Well, the article that this thread is about says that some random unknown essentially bought his way to number 11 in one of Beatport's charts, so not quite top 10, but close.
    Yeah that's no good. Soundcloud def should be banning accounts that do this.
    2 x CDJ 850 | DJM 900nxs | Traktor Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53 headphones | Xone K2 | Traktor X1 | Traktor F1

Banned
    I wonder how it works. I can find lots of sites selling plays, where they can guarantee you "8,000 plays in 48 hours" and stuff, but how are they actually generating them?

I wonder how it works. I can find lots of sites selling plays, where they can guarantee you "8,000 plays in 48 hours" and stuff, but how are they actually generating them?
    I always imagined it just cycled through different proxies hitting the play button from each one. Not manually, obviously, but it would still take some time depending on their set up.

I don't know that this is how it's done but that'd be my guess
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.

Banned
    I hope this doesn't turn into a "thing" on SoundCloud....

When anyone starts following me, I will click on their profile and have a quick read of their bio and a listen to a couple of their tracks/mixes (just a quick skim if it's a mix). I only follow people if I like their stuff - I don't follow people just because they follow me. Yesterday, a guy followed me and I looked at his page and I didn't like any of his stuff, so I didn't follow him back. Later on, another guy followed me, so I clicked on his page and it was reposts of all the tracks from the previous guy that had followed me.

2 more people followed me today: -

When I looked at their pages, they also have just reposted the tracks from the first guy. So it seems like people are making multiple accounts so they can repost their own stuff, then they follow you multiple times with different accounts in the hope that you'll follow back/listen to their stuff. Sad really, lol.

I hope this doesn't turn into a "thing" on SoundCloud....

When anyone starts following me, I will click on their profile and have a quick read of their bio and a listen to a couple of their tracks/mixes (just a quick skim if it's a mix). I only follow people if I like their stuff - I don't follow people just because they follow me. Yesterday, a guy followed me and I looked at his page and I didn't like any of his stuff, so I didn't follow him back. Later on, another guy followed me, so I clicked on his page and it was reposts of all the tracks from the previous guy that had followed me.
    I only follow people when I like their tunes. I think I'm following about 30 people at the moment. I generally don't bother following the big names because their stuff comes up through facebook feeds, pools, beatport results, etc.
    I get about 5 tracks a day posted in my stream (From the artists I follow or track they have reposted) and I really enjoy 70% of them. I don't need my soundcloud to be another giant list to sift through. Generally I have to enjoy a few tracks from someone before I start following them.
    I'm too cool to have some kind of elitist quote in my signature.