Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best laptops for DJing

Banned
    He was using an interface recommended by people on here.

No shit. Which interface?

Brand shouldn't be your question, to some degree to be fair, I use a vaio, I know exactly how to keep mine in perfect function I usually am using only 4% of my CPU. While watching multiple youtube videos and hulu videos I max out around 10% of CPU. Serato, and VDJ FLstudio only put my laptop at 30% CPU use. my ram is usually is on 50% during my most demanding computer use.

Defragment, organize, and use an external to store your music, and only your hard drive for songs you will use at a gig, Techno is usually not used so I keep the Gb's of techno on the external.

if you totally don't know shit about computers go for the mac. my gateway laptop lasted 8 years on me the screen went out. i have now a lenovo edge one year now one single problem running serato mp3 and video. the funny thing is on the gateway i had to tune it and tweak it for music(win xp) on the lenovo edge i did nothing to it out the box no tweaking one year with one freeze during warm up when i first bought it. if you want to be one of those elite apple guys just buy a apple sticker..lol this is another topic that will never end..

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    He was using an interface recommended by people on here.
    That's probably why.

You get hundreds of answer's and 99% aren't right.

Just like this post on Mac & PC. its always Mac's are better or

My PC lasted 8 years.

But are they on the same software as you.

I was on PC for years but it was ok for Audio but I had to tweak the shit out of it.

Then came video mixing, And that PC would not cut it. I brought every high end laptop and nothing worked took them all back.

Fast forward to a 2007 Macbook pro 2.0ghz and 2 gb memory with 160gb harddrive. Ran vsl video without a hiccup.

all the PC'S murdered the mac in spec's wise. but performance they sucked.

Times my PC would shut down @ A Gig. The Promoter said I can Have you spinning at my club and this shit happens. Next day Brought A Mac and never looked back.

P.S. 1 Thing Is I Never Ask What Laptop Is Better For DJ'ing.

I saw Dj's with Mac's and was like ok they shit works with no issues.

End Result Now I Have 3 Macbook Pro's

2x 15" Unibody Pro's 2011 & 2010
    1x 13" Unibody Pro's 2011

The 2007 Is Installed At A Motorcycle Club Thats Been There For 1 1/2 years.
    Last edited by VjQue; 02-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.

"Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)

lol I'm surprised we never see the argument that we should trash all of our PCs and Macs and DJ without computers I guess the vinyl folks don't venture into the Digital forum much lol
    - jj -

if its up to spec, doesn't crash.. work with it.

when I had an s4, I used a plain old macbook with it. 2.2 ghz duo core 6 gigs of ram. Ran perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    All we need now is an "I went from a $300 Dell laptop to a Macbook Pro that cost $1,200 and guess what, the Macbook was better!!" post and we've covered most of the bases, lol.
    Can't help you there, but I went from a $2,000 ThinkPad to an $1800 MacBook and the Macbook was better.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    lol I'm surprised we never see the argument that we should trash all of our PCs and Macs and DJ without computers I guess the vinyl folks don't venture into the Digital forum much lol
    I actually specifically want to do that, but it's just a simplicity thing. I'm probably not going to be able to afford to do it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    Don't forget about the guys with CDJs!
    Untz untz untz.