Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best laptops for DJing

Post Best laptops for DJing

hi

i was wondering what the best make of laptops are when it comes to DJing

depends what OS you wanna use. for windows ASUS is pretty much one of the best brands. on the apple side....well there is not moch choice all MBPs will do.

EDIT: i'm using a Sony VAJO and it works fine for me with Serato.
    Last edited by Era 7; 02-26-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

grabs popcorn and waits for the apple vs. pc clusterf@<k.

i have a mac served me well, 5 years stable, until i spilled a cup of ice tea on the keyboard. still works stable enough for at home, but i wouldn't take it out. pc's are cool, but i am nowhere near computer savvy enough (i know pretty much nothing) to keep my pc running smoothly or make it sleek enough with all the crap that came with it.

MacBook Pro

Apple laptops are very fool proof and don't need maintenance to run very stable. you could make a windows pc run just as stable, but it would take a lot of tuning and maintenance
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

Quote Originally Posted by moyo wilde View Post
    grabs popcorn and waits for the apple vs. pc clusterf@<k.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

Macbook pro's to be safe. If you're stuck on windows PC's then yea I had an Asus that always treated me good, ADK laptops are supposed to be nuts for all audio http://www.adkproaudio.com/laptop3.asp but they are basically as expensive as a Apple, Elitebook's are also awesome. I have an Elitebook, it's tremendous for production, doesnt break a sweat DJ'n, and it's built like a tank. They start around 800-900 for a 15.6", but they have smaller.

Banned
    I was gonna say "in before someone mentions lots of tuning and maintenance for Windows" but someone already has.

All we need now is an "I went from a $300 Dell laptop to a Macbook Pro that cost $1,200 and guess what, the Macbook was better!!" post and we've covered most of the bases, lol.

Traktor S4 user here… I tried SONY, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell (i5 core or i7 core) with windows 7 professional edition and machines were fully or partially config'ed for sound performance… None of them worked as smooth as any of the the MBP 15"s i am currently using. Running on Lion now with zero issue. I believe leopard is better as the machines ran cooler and stay very cool after long usage.

I would vote for MacBook Pro over Windows OS laptop any day.

Can someone make an "Official Laptop Comparison" thread or something of that nature so we don't have this whole Mac Vs PC thing over and over again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.