View Poll Results: Baller95 vs Eric_Brian - Wild 5 minute quick mix battle: Who should win?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

14 77.78%
  • Mix 2

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baller95 vs Eric_Brian - Wild 5 minute quick mix battle

Voted Mix 1 nothing crazy but way smoother transitions

Mix 2 I only made about 1/2 way through, scratching was off, transitions were sloppy, vocals clashed, way to much use of effects.
    http://www.mixcrate.com/djflomatic
    http://soundcloud.com/djflomatic
    www.twitter.com/djflomatic

I love the concept of this battle. I wish that the word "wild" wasn't part of the title because I believe the DJ who did mix number 2 interpreted "wild" to mean "break all of the rules of mixing that DJs live by" which should never be the case.

Mix 1 was very well done. I loved listening to it and hope that another one of these battles happen so that I can join in the fun!

Mix 2 should not have been submitted. NO MIX should ever have a trainwreck (1:15), so I don't know how that was missed.

Mix 1 got my vote.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Banned
    This battle is like Dr. Jekyll Vs. Mr. Hyde or some shit, haha. The mixes are pretty much opposites.

1 - Dr. Jekyll. Tight mixing, but not really wild. The levels were all over the place, and the loudest track was still too quiet.

2 - Mr. Hyde. Terrible mixing, but pretty wild. The levels were consistent, but the whole thing was clipping to fuck.

I've never seen a mix look like this in an audio editor before, lol: -

My vote has to go to 1. If your levels had been on point, it would have been a really slick little mix. I'm not sure how to interpret the "wild" part of the rules, as I think whoever did 2 was just having a bit of fun and pissing about, but the fact that it was so distorted due to the levels made it borderline unlistenable to me.

Easy decision.

Really though, #1 wasn't too hype...but it did sound good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Thanks for the listens, voting, and your feedback. Real helpful. Repped. I'm Mix 1.

Baller95, thanks for having this battle. 5 minutes is a great concept.

Great mix Eric.brian. I tried really hard on my mix but guess no one liked it much

Mix 2 was very distorted with terrible audio quality and a lot of clipping, Mix 1 was a little boring for a "Wild" mix but at least it didn't ruin my speakers from the static... My vote goes to Mix 1
    Dubphyte is a better DJ than me...I lost